Chapter 23 - Battle to Win

A/N: Uh, gomenasai minna! I am apologizing beforehand because Airi will be stealing the spotlight here for a bit. ^^' Just wanted you to know what I'm going to portray in this chapter :P Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Airi pov:

"What the....what happened to your appearance? You look funny." The dragon in front of me asked curiously.

He didn't seem very concerned at the mask I had now because he couldn't sense reiatsu. My maryoku probably was still at an average level so he wasn't actually seeing me as a threat.

I chuckled darkly making the dragon's amusement falter. "My my.....it's kind of sad when your opponent knows nothing about your true power and is stupidly amused."

"What did you say?! Who the hell do you think you are, brat?!" He roared, sending his tail flying at me once again.

I held out my hand and stopped it easily. My arm bent very slightly at the elbow to make sure I didn't have a violent jerk in my arm. I narrowed my eyes as the dragon gasped.

"Your worst nightmare." I mumbled out in a low voice.

I knew the dragon had heard my answer to his question very clearly. They had good hearing and smell as well as the ability to sense power. My power was different from the mages here so that was one thing he had lacking while fighting me. If he could sense my power, he would be trembling with his tail between his legs.

"My worst nightmare?! Ha ha ha ha ha! What a joke!" His laughter boomed across the skies. "You're just a weak little human! What can you possibly....do...?!"

His words were cut short as I didn't hesitate to slice part of his tail off. It fell to the ground with a loud thud, debris rising into the air and blood splattering across the stone streets.

"Aaarrghhh!!!! You b****! How dare you! How did you even have the power to cut off my tail, let alone scratch me?!" The dragon roared as he held his tail in pain. Blood was dripping from it and it wasn't a pretty sight to see.

"Like I said, don't judge a person's power from their looks."

I didn't give the dragon time to answer and I slashed my katana diagonally in the air. "Tsukihana no Kaen. [Blaze of the Moon Flower]" A crescent shaped blade of fire and black reiatsu hit the dragon on his chest leaving him with a bleeding gash.

Blood pooled at his feet and he roared in pain again. He stumbled back, destroying buildings as he did so, before falling to his side almost unconscious. My gaze lingered on his heavy breathing form for a moment before I looked up to spot my next target.

I narrowed my eyes in the direction of Mercurius Castle. A green color dragon was sitting in front of many soldiers, as well as Laxus, Wendy, Mirajane, Yukino, the princess and Arcadios. With one breath, he had stripped many of the soldiers from their clothes so he could eat them without getting the 'bitter' taste of clothes. He had done the same thing to Lucy but thanks to a slight accident, she had been kicked out of the scene for a bit.

It took me just a few seconds to get to the green color dragon. Laxus and Wendy were doing their best to fight him but they hadn't been able to leave a scratch.

When I got there, the dragon was about to eat Laxus and Wendy. He was fast in comparison to the two of them and they were surprised by the sudden attack. They were stiff, watching the dragon as he closed in on them. However, I was quicker. I made it in front of them and held my hand out.