Chapter 14 - Introducing Sabertooth

This chapter is dedicated to Minion135! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Airi pov:

"Woah!! This place is amazing!" I couldn't close my mouth even for a second as I looked around the town we were in.

Besides the group that had been selected to represent Fairy Tail in the Grand Magic Games and the secret B team that Master had selected to participate as well, the whole Guild had come to Crocus, the capital of Fiore. We were all here to cheer the Guild during the competition. Of course, Natsu's team was pretty surprised that we had arrived before them and welcomed them into the city.

Now I was walking around with Lucy and Natsu with Happy in my arms. We were looking around the town freely since the teams participating in the competition had free time till midnight to get back to their rooms. There would be an announcement at midnight so all of them would have to be present at their designated inns at that time.

Just as promised, Master had worked me like a donkey with cleaning the Guild, rearranging the library and such during the three months that everyone spent away training. Of course, he said that it was punishment so I wasn't allowed to use shunpo or my reiatsu or Tenjú's help. Man, that old man really knows how to work people! But I did enjoy it because I got to learn a lot about everyone in the Guild as well as this world.

I too had passing conversations with Master, giving him bits of information about how my home town was and what it meant to be a shinigami. I thought of saving details of Soul Society, the Gotei 13 and Aizen for later though. Unless it was really necessary to tell these guys about that, I'd prefer not to bring up all the complicated stuff.

"Airi! C'mon! Try this on!" I turned to Lucy as she held out a garland of pink flowers to me.

I bent my head and let her put it around my neck. They smelled really sweet and I smiled. "Wow! They smell really nice! Thanks Lucy!"

"No problem! There are flowers everywhere! No wonder Crocus is called the Town of Flowers. Besides, they have so many other things here that I want to see! But we're limited with time!" She complained as she looked around pouting.

"Lucy likes a lot of things! Especially food! No wonder she's so heavy...." Happy brought his paw near his mouth giving a smug chuckle only to end up with a hard hit on his head from Lucy.

"Aye....that hurt...." He moaned slumping in my arms.

I sweatdropped, not really knowing what to do or say in this situation. Happy should really think about what he says. He seemed to have a lot of fun teasing Lucy with her weight. Well, she was probably a few pounds more than me but I don't think it was something Happy would find difficult to carry. After all, Natsu being a guy, was heavier than me and Lucy.

Our little moment of inter team bickering was interrupted when we heard a commotion a little distance away. Natsu perked up and grinned looking in the direction of the noise.

"A fight!" Someone screamed from the distance.

"Ohh!! You cant have a festival without a fight! Where is it??!" He was already racing towards the crowd that had gathered there. Happy too squirmed out of my hold and flew with Natsu over to the crowd.

I narrowed my eyes as Lucy and I followed him. We managed to get through the people standing there so we could get a closer look at who was fighting who. I wouldn't have been very concerned if it was a normal squabble but the maryokus that I could sense were powerful and somehow dark. Well, I wouldn't exactly say dark....sadistic would probably be the right word for it.

When we made it to the clearing of the crowd, we saw two people standing there. There were a bunch of other guys unconscious around them. One of the guys had sandy blond hair and blue eyes. He wore a short fluffy coat and a beige crop top that showed off his chiseled abs. He had gloves all the way till his biceps and the short coat was connected to his pants with belts. He also had an earring on his left ear.