Chapter 15 - Grand Magic Games!

Airi pov:

"That is not fair! Why isn't anyone saying anything?! That's totally against the rules, dammit!" I snarled from the Fairy Tail Guild porch we were all standing in. We were here cheering for our team but thanks to unfair interference, Lucy had just lost the battle match!

"I cant believe they did that! It's the same thing they did to Wendy!" Romeo hissed beside me.

That's right....this particular Guild, Raven Tail, seemed to have something against Fairy Tail. I had heard from Macao san that the Guild Master of Raven Tail was actually Master Makarov's son. That made him Laxus's father. But due to some rivalry or inter family dispute or whatever, they had gone their separate ways. And just until recently, Raven Tail was a Dark Guild that had caused problems to everyone. How they got accepted as a regular Guild, I have no idea.

The Grand Magic Games had begun with a blast. At midnight, all the teams who had signed up for the tournament had to pass through a Sky Maze. It was an elimination round and out of the 100 odd teams that had signed up, eight teams were selected as finalists. As expected, both Fairy Tail teams had been selected. Although, Natsu's team had barely passed, coming in eighth place.

During the elimination round, we had gotten information that Wendy was missing. We had all gone around to look for her but unlike how easy it would have been for me to find her or anyone else, I wasn't able to sense her. Her presence was barely there....after looking for a couple of hours, Lisanna had found her collapsed in the courtyard of Mercurius Castle. Just as I guessed, I couldn't sense her because she barely had any maryoku left in her.

An old acquaintance of Master Makarov, Polushka san, had told us that Wendy had somehow been drained of her maryoku and it would take her some time to recover. When the teams who qualified into the tournament was announced, we got information that Raven Tail had done that to Wendy for fun. It was a taste of what they had planned for us.

That's right, Raven Tail was purposely picking on Fairy Tail. Even in the surprise event, Raven Tail had specifically tried to get Gray and Juvia. Despite having other opponents easy to hit and win points against, the purple pig head from Raven Tail kept getting Gray and Juvia! And so both the A and B team had zero points at the end of the Surprise Event.

Even now, when Lucy fought against the creepy looking red head from Raven Tail, she had to be beaten up because of the dirty tricks that the red head was using. Extending her hair all the way till our balcony and threatening to hurt one of our members if Lucy tried to fight back! When we had gotten rid of the threat and Lucy tried to use a powerful attack that could finish off the red head with one hit, she was drained of her maryoku in a second by the same creature that he done so to Wendy!

People from the Guilds watching were not allowed to interfere! It wasn't a fair fight!!

"There's no point." Master said, his eyes narrow as he watched Natsu walk to the center of the stadium to help Lucy up. "Even though we saw what really happened, the audience didn't see it. Unless someone from the audience saw and voiced out that Raven Tail cheated, we cannot do anything."

"But Master!" I faced him. He didn't react though and had his eyes closed.

I clenched my fists tightly as I looked back at the arena. Natsu was walking with Lucy inside and I could see the tears that Lucy shed in frustration. I was annoyed. No matter what rivalry Raven Tail had with our Guild, they had no right to play dirty! They should fight honestly if they wanted to prove themselves against us. They were being cowards now....with no fighting spirit! Darn it!

And I was really holding back from yelling at the audience to stop making fun of Fairy Tail.

This was just the beginning. They hadn't seen anything that Fairy Tail could do. After all, this was the Guild that had defeated Oracion Seis. No one else had stepped up to stop them and I'm pretty sure Oracion Seis as a very powerful Dark Guild. Powerful enough to crush any Guild that stood in their way including Raven Tail. But Fairy Tail had won against them. A tournament like this wouldn't get them down.