Chapter 35 - Home

This chapter is dedicated to I_Love_Jayfeather! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~

Laxus pov:

"Kick about, Los Lobos."

My eyes went wide as the wind picked up, almost like a hurricane. We all shielded our eyes but Airi stood there unaffected, merely squinting her eyes to make sure that dust didn't get into them.

A few seconds after the wind died down, Starrk was standing with a slightly different attire than before – black pants, a white coat with gray fur in some places. He had a belt strapped onto his waist and two guns. He also had an eye patch covering his left eye.

He didn't look intimidating. In fact, he just looked a little fancy. But the very air around us had become thick and suffocating. It was even stronger than the time Airi had gone full out against the Arrancar Aldrik. This guy was much stronger than Airi, just as she had told us. He could kill all of us in the blink of an eye if he wanted to. He hadn't, so it obviously meant that he wasn't lying about being docile.

And despite how overwhelmingly powerful he was, the aura around him was almost gentle.

"You look just like you did when you were fighting Shinsui san." Airi commented, observing him.

"Well, duh! How else do you expect us to look?!" I blinked hearing a sort of double voice of Lylinette. I thought she was absorbed into Starrk....how was it possible to hear her speak?

"She's in the form of his guns." I looked at Airi as she answered our unasked question.

"What a bunch of tube lights...." My brow twitched at Lilynette's comment but I stayed quiet. Sting and Rogue however, didn't take it as well and Airi had to calm them down.

"Okay! Do your thing. Let's head to Karakura Town." Starrk nodded to Airi and closed his eyes.

I clenched my fists as the pressure around us once again rose. The air around Starrk had begun to glow a light blue because of the power that he was accumulating. A few moments passed and he opened his eyes. He snapped his fingers and what looked like a tear in the space in front of us appeared. The space beyond the tear was pitch black and sort of eerie.

"Cool!" Airi was the first to react. "It's been so long since I saw any sort of space that could connect our worlds together. It sure gives me positive vibes!"

"We're going to go through there?" Lahar asked, clearly uneasy. This only seemed to make Airi amused.

"Oh?? What, are you scared?" She teased making him clear his throat flustered.

"Uh, I am sort of nervous...." Lector was trembling as he sat on Sting's shoulder. In fact, Sting, Rogue and Frosch looked just as uneasy.

"C'mon guys! There's no reason for you to be worried! I'm there with you and I'll make sure each and every one of you is safe. So, do you trust me?" Airi was smiling and holding out her hand to them.

"Of course we trust you. We're just a little uneasy because it's the first time we're going to go through a place that looks like that." Rogue said glancing at the dark space as well.

"This is called a Garganta. It is a door that connects the human world to the hollow world. I want all of you to stay close to me and Starrk because the only way to get through this place is by creating a path of reishii or spirit particles to walk on. Since Starrk, Hanataro and I are the only ones with that ability, make sure you guys keep up, okay?" Airi explained.

She gave a nod to Starrk and both of them stepped inside first along with Hanataro. Just as she said, the minute she stepped in, a white color floor made from their power formed at their feet. She held out her hand with a smile to us to coax us. I stepped in after them, without taking her hand, and somehow balancing on the white path. Sting didn't hesitate to take a hold of her hand and Rogue Hanataro's to stick close to them.