Chapter 36 - Precious Bonds

Airi pov:

"C'mon, Ichi nii....is this really necessary?" I looked between him and Sting uneasily.

We had all come to the outskirts of town, to a big empty field where Ichi nii had suggested Sting to show us just how good he was to be my boyfriend. Tou san wasn't too particular, merely saying he was fine with Sting as long as he promised to love me and take care of me just the way I would with him. But Ichi nii was a whole different case.

On the way to the field, Sting had become determined to prove himself. He wanted me to go back with everyone to the Magic World so he had decided to do everything he could to show Ichi nii that he was strong. Rogue and Laxus had encouraged him but I wasn't allowed to say anything. Ichi nii would not have me supporting him until he himself was convinced.

"Airi, I trust your judgment. Rather than the guys I've seen here, just by looking at Sting, I can tell that he's a good guy. But I want proof. If I'm convinced that he's willing to do anything to protect you, even though you are much stronger than him and can watch out for yourself, it will put me at ease when you go back with him." Ichi nii didn't take his eyes off Sting as he spoke.

Unlike how he had looked before, he wasn't annoyed. He was determined. He wanted to be convinced. And Sting too no longer looked hesitant to prove himself.

"Don't worry, Ai chan! I'm sure Sting kun will do well." I smiled half heartedly at Hime when she placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Hime, Ishi and Sado had rushed to our house after Ichi nii had informed them of my return. I was so happy to see them and we had all fallen into embraces. Of course, Ishi was extremely awkward at my show of affection and his nickname. But when I threatened to permanently start calling him Uu kun, he had given in.

We had all gone together to Kisuke san's house to meet him and show him that I was alive and well. He had had Jinta kun buy everyone cake and we had a small celebration in his shop. I also had him get me permission to see Aizen in Soul Society before I left to the Magic World. He had been locked up in the most high security prisons there, merely having his reiatsu sealed off completely because he was too strong to kill.

It was difficult convincing Yamamoto san when he appeared as a hologram to speak to us but he finally decided to allow me to speak to Aizen under the condition that there would be people accompanying me to make sure Aizen didn't try anything funny.

I know that there was no real use for me to talk to him but I had been having complicated thoughts about his decisions. I wanted to talk to him myself and get some things cleared out. I just wanted to see him one last time. The man I trusted, the man I looked up to and the man, in one corner of my heart, wished to be comrades with forever. He was a strong presence in my life that I would really miss.

No matter what he had done, all I could remember were his warm smiles and gentle words of support.

Well, my request to see him was put across only to Kisuke san and Yamamoto san because I knew everyone else would object it. Especially Ichi nii. I really did want to see Aizen one last time....and I had put in a crazy amount of effort to convince the two shinigami to let me see him.

I had also given everyone a briefing of what happened to me since they weren't there when I had told tou san, Ichi nii, Yuzu chan and Karin chan what happened. They were happy for me for finding someone I wanted to be. They weren't worried about me anymore since I would be able to visit every now and then and not be completely isolated from family and friends.

Starrk and Lilynette had remained in the house with tou san and my sisters. Well, Starrk was sleeping and Lilynette was playing video games with Karin chan. It's nice to see that they got along well.