Chapter 7 - Oracion Seis

This chapter is dedicated to ashley_collins! Happy reading! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~

Airi pov:

Darn it! This guy was just too persistent! How much longer could he block our attacks?!

"The weight we bear on our shoulders is something that the likes of you cannot even fathom." I relaxed my stance as Byro spoke again. Unlike the last times I felt totally pissed off with his attitude, I could somehow understand what he meant.

It reminded me of just how much we struggled and sacrificed when we had fought against Aizen. We had seen many die because of his selfishness and cruelty. Many shinigami had suffered, injured and killed because of his experiments in Soul Society and his attacks on people who had considered him as a comrade. He had killed off his own Arrancar, Ichimaru and Tousen, the ones who had devoted their lives for his sake.

We had taken on the burden of protecting not just Karakura Town but Soul Society and the whole human world as well. Even though we destroyed hollows and always considered them as dangers to souls and humans, it was all to maintain the balance of the world. The Soul King himself was responsible for how lives were balanced so we all just had to do our part in protecting what was important.

"We are ready to throw away our lives for this mission and here, all of you are prancing around thinking only about your selfish goals." Byro continued making me sigh.

"I don't mean to sound rude in any way but couldn't we say the same thing to you?" He looked at me, narrowing his eyes.

"Throw away your lives? What a load of crap! We're fighting for a friend! And when we have the desire to protect a comrade, we can overcome anything!" Natsu yelled from beside me in his torn tattered state. He could barely stand and I was thinking of giving him another one of my fire attacks so he could fight again.

"Are you trying to support your decision again?" He asked turning to face me fully.

"What I'm trying to say is, why are you making us enemies? We are all looking for the parts of the clock and for the same cause. To prevent anything bad from happening. So why wouldn't you tell us to help you stop the clock from falling into the wrong hands? If you explained what could happen, we wouldn't have to fight like this! We could all come to a decision and seal the clock together!" I reasoned out hoping that my thoughts would be understood.

"Such foolish childish thoughts. As I thought, I should finish all of you without any hesitance." He muttered and held up his staff.

It began to glow purple and a magic circle appeared on top of it. I could feel the power gathering at the tip of his staff and I knew that this attack was going to be a massive one. He was following through what he just said. He wasn't going to hold back and he was planning to hit and get rid of all of us in one shot.

"Don't you dare try and underestimate the power of Fairy Tail!" We all gasped and I clenched the hilt of my Zanpakuto tighter when I felt all the maryokus of Fairy Tail gather right around us. Erza had come to stand in front of us in a guarded pose. She had effectively swatted away Byro's attack and it had left a crater somewhere in the side.

Everyone who had gathered here looked angry. They weren't happy about seeing how beaten up we were. Well, anyone would be unhappy seeing their comrades beaten and most of all having their Guild insulted. I wasn't too worried about that at the moment though. I had already felt all the parts of the clock begin to vibrate in sync along with the part with Byro. It wasn't noticeable to the others, but I could feel the power within the parts pulsing.

"Everyone! You all found the parts of the clock!" Lucy seemed excited seeing everyone gathered here.

Hey, I was happy too. But I knew that the end of the clock hunt was far from over. Not only was Byro left but so were the six other dark maryokus I could sense.