Chapter 12 - Honesty

Airi pov:

I had my eyes closed letting the breeze caress my face as I stood on top of a cliff. It was a pleasant day but my thoughts were turbulent.

We had returned to Magnolia just last evening. Before we did get here though, we had stopped by at Lucy's mansion. Since Imitatia had disappeared, she had told us who she really was – a doll that Lucy's mother had gifted her when she was a child. She had named the doll Michelle and considered her as her younger sister. The feeling of affection had materialized into the Imitatia that served Oracion Seis.

After freshening up in Lucy's house, we had gone to the Guild and show our faces to put the worried members at ease. Everyone was really happy that the issue of the Infinity Clock had been solved and that we were safe. The members of the Legion had come to join us for a victory party and there was lots of sake, food and music. It was a crazy evening but I cant say I didn't enjoy it.

After the party in which almost everyone was wasted, Lucy and I had returned to her house to get a good night's sleep. I slept well since I had already taken the decision to confess my true identity to everyone. Everyone would be gathered tomorrow morning and that's when I would make my announcement.

I opened my eyes slightly to gaze at the passing clouds in the light blue sky. So much had happened in such a short time. My trust in Fairy Tail, their trust in me, the fight to protect friends and prove that you wouldn't be taken down no matter how dire the situation was; it had taught me a lot. It had shown me that the way I thought was wrong. I was wrong in thinking that giving up in place of someone else was okay. If I wanted to protect someone and be a help to anyone, I had to show them that I would win and survive no matter what.

I couldn't hide the truth any longer because I didn't want to betray anyone's trust. Erza had seen me when I was using my real ability. She had even hinted about it on the way back to Magnolia. She had asked me why I was in the ship above Zentopia, how I had managed to find them even though Cana hadn't told me about their locations and how many chains I had snapped off the ship when I tried to help. She had even asked about my short battle against Midnight when Natsu had told her I had roughed him up a bit.

Most of them didn't seem to realize that there was something Erza was trying to figure out, but Gray and Carla, probably the more intelligent and observant of the group, had realized that something was going on. For the rest of the journey back, I had received cautious stares from them. They didn't press me for details but I'm sure they would ask me eventually.

I guess I had been standing here long enough. It was time for me to get back to the Guild. I'm sure they were all gathered together. They were probably looking for me too. If I didn't get back soon, I was sure Erza's suspicions would only increase and she would send out a search party.

Taking another deep breath of the fresh air, I turned around and headed down the hill and to the main town. I bowed to some of the civilians as I passed them. I had gotten well acquainted with people Lucy was familiar with around the place she lived. They were all really nice people and we exchanged passing conversations from time to time.

When I made it to the Guild, Master was fuming. He was grumbling to himself about something and the other members of the Guild were laughing. Not really understanding what was going on, I walked to Gray to ask him what was going on.

"Ah, the Master is just annoyed with Gildarts. He was appointed the 5th Guild Master but he left us a letter saying that he wasn't up to the task. He reappointed Master Makarov and he's disappeared on a journey." Gray chuckled while crossing his arms over his bare chest.

I sweatdropped though seeing that he was clothed when I entered the Guild but now he was just wearing boxers.

I sighed and looked away. Well, that was Gray's unconscious habit. I would just be glad as long as he had his boxers on at least.