How?

(Yes this is a chapter and not and authors note but read this. A/N - I am currently drowning in school shit right now. Pretty great. I thought that I could maybe start developing some more character plot for other people in the show. I have been wanting to for a while and do not worry this is still mainly about Ron and Carl but some other characters need to develop a bit to. And by the way guys I apologize for literally never being able to update that much I feel like one of those bad authors but I'm neck deep in reports and projects in fact I have two going on right now so please just give me a month of not updating on the right days and then summer will be here I will have all the time in the world ok time to start the chapter.)

Ron's Pov

Me and Carl were walking around the neighborhood pretty early this morning. The sun has only been up about an hour and not that many people are out doing their jobs yet except for the people on watch. It was really nice outside especially in the morning because it wasn't really cold but it was not burning hot either, just the right temperature. There was still morning dew on the ground. We didn't really talk while taking these walls just held hands usually and took notice of our surroundings to see if anything has changed. I looked over to Carl who I noticed was starting to have beard stubble. Oh god he needs to shave that like now, I don't know how to feel. I mean if he likes having facial hair then I'll love it but I couldn't even imagine him with any kind of facial hair. I low key wanna rub it but he might find that weird. I wonder if he has noticed its growing yet.

"Babe have you noticed your growing a beard lately." I said sounding pretty dumb since I'm pretty sure you would notice facial hair.

"Yeah I like it, I feel like it makes me look cool and I'm just to lazy to shave it." He said simply.

"Well it makes you look hot." I said rubbing my hand across it. I have been wanting to do that for five minutes.

"Besides if I shave it it'll just grow back in no time. Have you met my dad, he grows a beard faster then anyone I have ever met." He said laughing a bit.

"But for real thou-" I was cut off by the sound of the gate opening when we walked by since it was so creaky and loud.

But then when I saw who came through, my jaw dropped. I thought Mikey was dead I mean the kid has no survival skill what so ever how is he even here. Didn't think I'd ever see him again so this is wow. He looks terrible, I don't think I've ever seen someone so torn up, he almost looks like a walker himself.  I don't even think I can talk to him.  It was really weird watching him walk in because he still had the same features and the same face but at the same time it wasn't him.  His eyes were faded and his skin was either brown from dirt and guck or as pale as a vampire.  I don't really know what to do right now because before he went missing we got in a massive argument and he really made me extremely mad but I don't think it made me hate him.  But I can't hold grudges especially against him since he looks like he's been to hell and back. 
        I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice that Carl ran over to check on him and make sure he was ok.  Wonder why it's such a big deal to him if he's ok I mean he barely knew him but whatever.  I quickly walked over there and was at a lost for words.

"Mikey oh my God I had no clue you were alive." I mumbled out. That was extremely awkward, it probably sounded sarcastic oh no.

"Come on let's take you to the infirmary so they can make sure nothing's wrong." Carl said grabbing his arm and dragging him to the infirmary.

         I followed behind them, probably not looking to happy. Why all of sudden is Carl all over him God I understand he was out there for a while and it's probably fucked up but I mean. Whatever.  I need to stop being a dick, the poor kid has been out there for about five months so he cannot be doing well. I just need to stop being so jealous it's nothing. 
         When we got there Carl took him inside and I'm guessing he told who ever was in there to check him up and make sure he's fine.  Carl came outside and stood next to me.  He then grabbed my hand and we started walking back down the street in silence.

"Ron you seem mad that he's back, I mean you guys were friends right." Carl said breaking the silence.

"If you put an emphasis on were friends then yes you are correct.  I just didn't think I'd ever see him again and having him back is just something else since I'm pretty sure he hates me." I said looking down.

"No he doesn't hate you but what did you guys even argue about." He asked, we argued about something retarded.

"Just take a wild guess on what we argued about." I said because this is literally what I argue with everyone about.

"I'm gonna say Enid because you  argued with me about her a lot." He said laughing a bit.

"Yeah you are correct.  It is my fault that he hates me and I'm stupid as hell because I didn't even like her. I just don't even know what was wrong with me but it's gonna be really awkward." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Look I'm sure things will be fine but he's probably in a bad state of mind right now because he knows what he had to do out there." Carl wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah I just need to ahead and prepare myself for what's to come." I said sighing and looking down.