Mending Wounds

Ron's Pov

      Me and Carl sat in silence for a few more moments then we decided it was time to go back home before the sun began to go down on the horizon.  It was a quiet and slow walk home, I took in the beauty of my surroundings while we walked back hand in hand. But at least this time Carl was taking his timegetting home and not dragging me.  You know the forest is very peaceful, when there aren't rotting corpses after you. Only the sound of your feet hitting the ground and what's left of  the worlds birds chirping.  It doesn't become scary out here until dark. I really did not realize how long we had been walking, I was drowning in the abyss of my mind. I didn't even snap out of my thoughts until I heard rusty hinges rubbing against each other as the gate was being slid open by Eugene.
      After we dropped the guns off back at the armory me and Carl began walking home. Carl didn't speak or look at me but just kept walking. I'm scared that I upset him in the forest but I mean he told me he was fine.  Maybe he just doesn't have anything to say right now.
      When we got home he said hey to Michonne and Rick then kissed Judith on the head which was sweet. I just kinda had an awkward conversation with them and smiled a Judy which made her laugh. Then me and Carl just went up stairs and laid in bed for a while. At least he was making contact with me as in laying his head in my lap. I leant down and pecked his lips, he did kiss back. At least now I know he is not mad or upset with me, just being quiet. Then we heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it!" I yelled out loud enough so the person on the other side could hear me.

"Enid, can I come in. Please?" She said not sounding bratty or anything which is unusual.

"Sure but if you plan on being rude don't bother." I yelled back.

        Then I heard the door knob turn and the door open with a small creak. When she came in and closed the door it felt like we were trapped in a jail cell full of awkward silence. I mean it was silent in there for at least a minute. Enid was looking at the ground, my eyes were scanning the room, and Carl still had his head in my lap and was looking at the ceiling.

"Guys I came to apologize. I was a total bitch, I should not of been rude or anything." She said extremely fast, but it broke the silence.

"You got the total bitch part right." I heard Carl mumble under his breath. I didn't think Enid heard him until I saw the upset look on her face.

"We accept your apology but I mean it's not like you harassed us, you just scoffed. I got a little overly mad but it's fine now. Its ok, thank you for apologizing." I said which made Carl give me a questioning look. I nudged him as I signal to say something to.

"Enid it's fine but just don't be rude to us again, I don't like when people upset Ron." He said which made me blush a little because it's cute when he says my name. Wow we have been dating for months and I still freak out when he says my name.

"I won't I just have been feeling extremely guilty, and I thought I needed to mend the wound. So are you guys my friends again." She said looking at me as if begging for a yes.

"Yeah, we are cool now." I said giving her a reassuring look.

"Well can I tell you guys something then." She said leaning in a little.

"Yeah." Me and Carl said at the same time which was kinda creepy.

"Mikey is freaking me out a lot. I went over to his apartment the other day because I felt bad for shooting him down before he left.  But I just didn't like him like that. But so when I get there things are really awkward, he's not himself and I understand that he probably wasn't gonna be but he's just so crazy looking in his eyes and. He attacked me, almost like I was a walker." She said looking down.

        She pulled up her jacket sleeve and on her arm was a cut up and down it. About a foot long.

"He pulled a knife out of his pocket and tried to slit my throat but he ended up just grazing my arm. I didn't tell any adults because I don't want him to get thrown out but he's acting crazy!" She said pulling her sleeve back down.

"Yeah he needs to get his shit together because me and Ron went over there the other day and he just- I can't even explain what happened. It doesn't matter anyway but he needs to stop harassing us and fix whatever issue he has because I fear for what he will do at the moment. Who knows what he's doing locked up in that apartment." Carl said sitting back up and looking out his window and over to the apartment building.

"I always got a strange vibe when I was around him. Dude just seems off, I understand yeah he probably went through a lot but Carl you were out their in the open way longer then him and you kept your sanity." I said looking over to him.

"Well honestly the only reason I kept my sanity was because I knew my people would need me and I wasn't alone. Mikey had no one out there, he didn't have to be there for anyone and didn't have to stay sane." He said looking over to Enid.

"How do you even know he's insane, probably  living in a bit of a blur right now. Maybe feels like he still lives out there." She said.

"I have no clue anymore about him honestly." Carl said laying down and closing his eye.

(💜- Hey guys hope you liked this chapter, I really love Enid and want her involved in my story. By the way when this story does end I have already made plans for a book two and before all of you groan and say oh my god another slowly updated book no. This one will begin as soon as I get out for summer break so I will have a lot of free time and can write whenever. I am not giving you an exact time this story will end so don't you prepare yourselves or anything and I'm not saying it is but when it does don't worry because I already have plans for a book 2 and another story which I will not explain yet. But anyways love you guys😄😄😄😄 - Harley 💜💜 )