Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N: Yaaaaayyyy! I managed to write a chapter! 

Hope you enjoy ;-)

-Sophia, xoxo

°°°°

The vision overpowers my senses and I feel my consciousness disconnect from my soul, as if it's slowly being pulled out of me by a thin thread. The impact of the rollercoaster soaring downwards leaves me as the air is knocked out of me, and in one inaudible gasp, my vision is clouded in black and the premonitions take me over.

"Don't look." Someone says next to me. My eyes flutter open and I shake my hands, feeling surprised at the control that I have over my body. Is this a vision that's not being controlled by Killian? He likes to toy with me, but it seems as if, in this moment, my ability decided to manifest itself alone.

-What?" I turn around and let out a breath when Jasper's face pops into view. What's he doing here? This surely can't be about him... Not Jasper. Every vision I've had has been about someone dying.

No.

I refuse to believe it. He's probably just here to - to what?

Panic overcomes me, but I refuse to give in to my fears.

-Don't look..." He repeats, slowly taking steps backwards. I frown when I see his expression. It has morphed into something silent, something ghostly, and his eyes look straight at me, but through me. It's unsettling, and something makes me feel sick to the stomach. "Don't look, don't see, don't believe. I'm no one, just a passer-by." He chants over and over, like a ritual. I feel my hands beginning to shake.

-What's wrong Jasper? What are you talking about?"

-No one, just a passer-by, a soulless body, a believer." He says again, and his voice turns deadly cold. This time, when his pale hazel eyes meet mine, he looks straight at me. As if he's perceiving my soul. He tilts his head and smiles, a silent, promising and skin-crawling smile. "Don't look, and you won't see." With those final words, he evaporates into thin air. I reach out and my hand meets nothingness.

What the hell just happened? What did that mean?

Why didn't he die? Was this just a warning. Something else must be going on, surely, otherwise I wouldn't be having this vision in the first place. There's always something lying dangerously silent, threatening and fatal underneath the sugar-coated layers of my dreams.

A scream tears through the silent night of the fun fair. I freeze and listen out. There's no other sound but the cold wind whipping at my hair and making the activity machines creek, the swings swaying hauntingly. Now that I pay closer attention, I'm the only one here. The sun has settled down for the night and the moon has stolen its place, casting a ghostly pale glow on the signs and booths of the park. My jacket doesn't seem to be providing much warmth anymore, and I find myself aching for Asher's warm and comforting heat, simply just by touching me.

I want that, and as I stand here in my vision, completely alone and clueless, I feel that locked up place in my heart slowly start to crumble. And only because of one man, one person, him.

How did I let my guard down? Why did I let him sneak into my soul and snatch my heart into his perfect fingers?

I didn't, I realise. He was already there in the first place.

Another scream breaks me from my thoughts. This one is higher pitched, more desperate, as if the person knows that they're dying and there's no one there to help them. Determination settles into me, and I find myself moving towards the source. My boots crunching on the dying and frozen grass is now the only audible noise around.