Chapter Twenty-Nine

The bell jingles as I close the door behind me and enter the cosy coffee shop with Mary's hand in mine. The scent of rising hot chocolates and different christmas delicacies fill my senses and I let out a shiver as another person enters, letting in a gust of chilly winter air. Christmas is right around the corner, and today would be the best day to do some gift shopping without being crushed by christmas-spirited human stampedes.

"What do you want Mary?" I inquire softly, looking down into my little sister's huge and innocent blue angel eyes.

-What can I hawe?

-Anything you want.

-Yayyyyyy!" She squeals with delight and I giggle, scanning the blackboard behind the counters that are filled with cute drawings and names of dishes that sound too lovely to be true. I pull out my wallet from my bag and offer a slight smile at the waiter tapping his fingers impatiently behind the cash machine on the smooth counter top. The noise settles into my brain and becomes a little irritating buzz of sound.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

"Mary?" I ask again, accepting the latte that I ordered while waiting for her to make up her mind, extremely slowly might I add. I sip the delicious creamy coffee and turn my head to look down at my sister. She's turned towards the entrance, eyes shining with curiosity.

"WOLFIIIEEE!!" She lets out a delighted giggle and sprints towards two very familiar figures. One of whom I do not want to see right now.

Asher steps around her figure as she attacks Damien in a koala bear hug. I suppress a giggle at Damien's shocked expression, and he gently lays her back down on her feet with an expression that tells me that he has no idea what to do. He looks at Asher with pleading eyes as Mary begins poking his cheeks, but his oh so beloved Alpha just shakes his head and laughs. Seeing my amusement he offers a slight smile, and I immediately turn my back to them with annoyance.

I pay for my latte and start towards the entrance. Asher looks down at me with a smug grin but I simply keep my eyes fixed in front of me, stepping around him and ignoring his presence completely. I feel the mate bond protesting and clawing at me as I curtly nod at Damien and take Mary's hand, pulling her out of the coffee shop.

I've barely taken two steps when I feel a hand grip my arm tightly and slightly pull me back. I wiggle out of Asher's grasp and ignore the tingles shooting up my arms.

"Don't touch me dickhead!"

-Dickhead?" He laughs, shaking his head with amusement, "Really?"

-Yes, really! I don't want to talk to you right now Asher, please leave."

-You're not doing that well of a job then.

-Just-" I raise my hands and take a step back, "-leave me alone please. I'm busy."

-I'll be busy with you." He starts following me and I spin around again, kicking him in the leg instinctively. As he falls to the ground and groans in pain, I cover my mouth in shock.

What the hell did I just do?

"Asher? Asher! What the hell happened man?" Asher stands up in pain and I notice the huge rip running all the way up his leg. Damien comes running by his side and shoots daggers at me.

Oopsies...

I shrug innocently and turn to leave, pulling Mary with me who's giggling uncontrollably. As we get out of werewolf earshot, I join her giggles and we end up walking into Lush looking like lunatics.