A year

It's been a year. I'm back to school. I'm a junior this year and I have nothing left. I'm living in an apartment, working 3 jobs. That's my life now. I'm going to have to accept it.

I hopped out of my 1996 Ford Bronco, looking for somewhere to hide until the first period bell rang. I tried to sneak by a few groups, but epically failed. They all looked at me like the girl who lost her parents and went crazy. Well. I kinda did go a little crazy for a few weeks.

After I failed at finding a spot, I put my earbuds in and blasted Misguided Ghosts by Paramore. I found an empty table and quickly sat down.

I turned to look at the group coming forward. Elena. I pulled out one of my earbuds, waiting for a word.

"Look who showed up. The crazy." Elena spat.

I got up and tried to walk away but someone pushed me back down. I put my other earbud in only to have it yanked out by someone.

"Go away Elena." I spat.

"Make me. Emma, why don't you just go die or something."

I quickly got up and pulled my fist back, to punch her in the face. I felt my knuckles pop at the impact of the punch, their group gasping. I walked off like it was normal.

"Damn vampire." I muttered walking back to my truck and drive to the cemetery.

I shook my hand to subside the pain. My Bronco didn't have any radio, so I pulled my earbuds out once again and blasted music.

I made my way to the cemetery and walked silently through the small Mystic Falls cemetery. I finally found my mothers grave and sat next to it. I couldn't keep the tears in anymore. They silently rolled down my cheeks. I sat there alone for 15 minutes and finally heard the snapping of twigs and sticks. I turned in the direction of the now louder sounds. I had to get up.
Jumping up, I ran towards my car, stake in hand. I ran into a rock hard chest, falling backwards.

"You." I looked at the icy blue eyes.

"Me." He said with a cocky tone.