Death Has Arrived

"Who're you?" Hannah turned in a few moments.

"Shane." He tries too hard to be the mysterious type. Attempting to be like Damon.

The moment Hannah turned to face me, Shane plunged a butcher knife into her stomach. She grunted in pain and slumped to the floor.

"Hannah!" I jumped up, running towards my sister's almost lifeless body.

Her eyes teared up, making me cry harder. She can't die. Not yet, not ever. I want her to grow old, like me, but live her life without vampires. She just can't die. I focused on healing my older sister; she couldn't die. I need to focus more! Shane's presence didn't help. I could hear his small snickers as I tried to focus.

"Shane." Damon growled. Damon wasn't on the floor beside me anymore, he was rolling in the dirt and twigs outside.

"Damon! Come over here! Now!" I shouted.

His head perked at the sound of my very shaky voice. Shane shoved him off, escaping. Damon flew against the side of a tree.

"I'm... Coming." He grunted, speeding over.

"Blood. I need your blood. Now!" My voice just below a whisper.

I heard the sound of opening flesh. Damon bit his wrist, shoving it towards my sisters close to lifeless body. Hannah didn't move. She lay there, mouth smeared with blood. Her eyes also open.

"No. No. No, no, no, no! Damon! She can't be dead!" I shrieked. She wasn't supposed to die. I started to rock back and forth.

He pulled me close, "Em, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He whispered into my hair.

I stood in his strong arms, shaking. All I could think about was Hannah. She actually died.

Damon let me go, allowing me to slump to the floor. I sat next to the lifeless body, allowing myself to sob. Damon, slumping to the floor with me, cradled me. One arm left my hip, going to Hannah's eyes. He lightly touched her lids, closing them. I sobbed, harder this time.

"No one was supposed to get hurt," I let out a sob, " or die."

"Em. I'm sorry. I should've gotten up before Hannah." Damon whispered.

I was now, truly, the last alive person in my family. Could I deal with that?

"Don't blame yourself. It's my fault for getting involved with a psychotic dick." I shakily said.

The crying still didn't stop. But, now it was just loose tears streaming down my face. I can't do this. Hannah's gone.

~~~~

About an hour passed, just Damon and I, sitting on the hard wood floor. At one point, Damon had gotten up, taking my sister to the couch. I hadn't noticed until I actually stopped crying. I felt like I was laying in a puddle of tears and blood. Well, I didn't feel like it, it was true. My sisters blood, my tears.

"Em, come on. Let's go and cook something. You're going to get sick."

"When are we leaving?" I looked towards his blue eyes.

"Tomorrow morning." He frowned at the thought.

I nodded my head. I wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"Why don't we just go out to lunch.. Or dinner .. What ever time it is." I stated, "I can't be in here for another minute."

He just nodded, pulling me up with him. The sight of my sister on the couch made me sick and angry. The blood sickened me and the sight made me angry. My sister had died.