Live Like you're Dying

The next morning, Damon woke me up with his own soft lips on my forehead. He must've fallen asleep at my side.

"Good morning." I mumbled into his chest.

He kissed the top of my head, "Good morning, Em."

I snuggled into his bare chest. I didn't want to do anything today. Shane was still alive, I'm supposed to be happy and Damon's not supposed to be worrying about me.

"Hey, are you ok? Your heart's racing. What're you thinking about?"

Damon's voice pulled me from my thoughts, "I'm just thinking about yesterday, and just.. You."

He pulled me closer. Our fingers intertwined, and we sat there.

Damon finally spoke, "I love you Emma. I always will."

I lifted my head and pulled his down. He closed the space between us by pulling me into a slow, passionate kiss.

I love him, I thought.

Damon started to playfully bite my bottom lip. I stifled a giggle. My arms went around his neck playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. I could feel the smirk on his lips. He flipped us over, me on my back. His arms at either side of me, trapping me under him. Damon held himself up as he kept kissing me. He trailed his kisses down my neck and onto my collar bone. He trailed them back up, coming back to my lips. I could feel Damon's tongue on my bottom lip. We kept going farther. Farther. Farther.

I could feel his fingertips on the hem of my tank top. He pulled the shirt up and over my head, only breaking the kiss for a second. In that second, I tried to catch my breath.

"Damon." I gasped.

"Hmm." He mumbled trailing kisses down my neck again. I shivered at the thought that popped up.

"Stop. Please." I breathed out.

He immediately stopped and held himself up. Again, on his muscular pale arms.

"As much as I'd love to, I'm not necessarily ready." I apologized.

"It's ok. I can wait." He rolled off of me and lay himself next to me. I put my arm around his waist and kissed his cheek.

I remembered something. Band practice today. I quickly rolled over and got up. The cool floor sending more shivers up my spine. I slowly walked over to the bathroom, opening and closing the door quietly. The bathroom wasn't big at all. But, it was nice. White tiled floor, a light blue colored walls, a small sink. I turned on the shower and removed all of my clothing.

_____________

Stepping out of the shower, I noticed there was another note.

"Shit." I mumbled. I pulled it off of the mirror and read the small note.

Emma-

Went hunting. Be back soon.

-Damon

He's probably mad at me. I walked out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around my hair and body. I located my duffel bag and pulled out a new bra, underwear, a pair of black ripped jeans, a Paramore t-shirt and some socks. I searched around for my black Air Walks. I quickly changed into my clothing. When I was finished, I spun my hair into a lazy bun and walked into the small, marble tiled kitchen. I realized I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning.

I yanked open the fridge. I found eggs, milk, turkey, onions, carrots and a few other small things.

"Hmm. Eggs, wait. Better yet, an omelet!" I spoke to myself...