Live to Learn

Wrong accent.

"Hi Klaus."

"Hello, Love. Why are you leaving so late?"

"My shift just finished. And I know it's late. I gotta go Klaus." I pushed passed Klaus only to see another man. What the hell? he was in a black suit and dressy shoes.

"Now, Niklaus. Stop playing with this girl. Let her go."

"Elijah. It's not like I'm going to hurt her. I just needed to talk. Well, need to talk."

"Now I'm lost. What do you want Klaus?" I asked flatly.

"Oh, now love. I just want to know why you're in it with the Salvatore brothers. They're dangerous."

"Says the ones who are 1000 years old. And I don't think they're that dangerous. But, I do know you are. So please leave me alone."

I grabbed my keys and unlocked my Bronco. Grabbing the door handle, I looked around to see if Klaus was still standing there, but there was no one.

Good. No Elena. No Elijah. No Damon. No Stefan. I'm alone. I think that's what I'm most afraid of.

_________________

On the way home, I see a car in my rear view mirror. What the hell? I pulled over and waited for it to pass. Who the hell is that? The windows were tinted so I couldn't see who the driver was. The car was a '64 Mustang. I had no clue who it was.

I drove off to home so I could sleep until morning. School is tomorrow and I can't miss it. Again.

I was finally home, wondering who was following me. I ran up two flights of stairs to get to my apartment. Someone was waiting. Raven black hair, leather jacket and dark jeans. Damon.

"Hey Damon. Can I help you?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Well. I need to know who you're with and against," he shrugged, "I mean, you do still want to help me right?"

"Damon." I started to feel a pain on my shoulder blades, "GYAAAH. Make it stop! Make it stop!" Now I'm on my hands and knees, scratching at my shoulders.

Damon picked me up but he couldn't get in my apartment, "Invitation please."

"Come in! GYAAAH." I could feel a warm liquid on my shoulders, going through my shirt. Blood.

Damon set me on the couch, my stomach down. He ripped my shirt to see my shoulder blades. I felt his cold touch around my bloody shoulders.

"What happened? There's bone showing through these little slits." He muttered something under his breath.

I felt more pain. But I didn't scream. The pain stopped. I felt something soft.

Feathers.

I felt feathers.