New Enemies

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything but my character Emma!

"And who are yo- oh hi Emma!" He acted like nothing had happened.

"You need to get your girlfriend under control. She attacked me last night." I growled at him.

I didn't need him on Elena's side.

"Oh. She wouldn't do that." Hints of sarcasm in his voice, "I'll try. She kinda does what she wants."

I stomped towards him angrily, "She could've killed me. And you, Caroline, Bonnie and Elena need to stop brewing your vampire and witch bitchy selves, and get the hell over it. I've done nothing to deserve what you've done to me."

He closed the gap between us, our chests touching. I shivered.

I heard the door slam and hit the wall. Elena walking in angrily. Her nose flared, fists balled, knuckles white, and face all vamped out.

"GET AWAY FROM HER STEFAN!" She screamed.

"You really are like Katherine.. Only you might have some sort if disease..."

I started to back away from Stefan and run out of the house. As I backed away, I felt something on my arms and back. I shuffled to the left and ran to the door, frantically looking around.

"Crap. I have no clue how to get home." I mumbled under my breath while I sprinted.

I got about a half a mile away and started to see the town. Yes! I thought. I started to hear honking. I turned to see a blue 60's mustang behind me. Damon in the drivers side.

"Get in." He demanded.

"Why should I trust you? You're like your brother." I paused, "A dick."

I started to run again, but the car stopped behind me and I ran into his rock hard chest. Ouch.

"Get in the car. Now." He ordered. Again.

"No. I'll walk home." I stated, "I don't trust you."

"Get. In. The. Car." His pupils dilated.

"You can't compel me. I ate some vervain before I left. And you have me a necklace."

He yanked my arm and pulled me to the car. I tried to pull my arm away but I couldn't get away from his stone grip. Ugh. He was really pissing me off. So I stopped struggling and walked to the car and sat in the seat.

_____________________

I was finally home with my Bronco in the parking lot. Wait. How'd he know where I lived.... Oh yeah... He's a freaking vampire. Duh.

I got up from my bed and looked for food. Damn it! I don't have any food. I need to go shopping again. I ran to my wallet.

Seriously.

Five bucks.

Really?

Wow.

I need another job. That will make 4 jobs....

Wait... WORK! I looked at the clock. It's 3 PM now. I have thirty minutes to get there. I ran down the apartment stairs and revved the engine to my car. Go! Go! Go! I thought.

My car started and I drove like a maniac all the way I the book store. I ran around to the back entrance and opened it. I quickly clocked in and ran to the front. My boss standing there helping a customer. Crap I'm screwed.....

The customer left, "Where have you been?!"

"I'm sorry! I was.... Held up. It'll never happen again!" I made up an amazing excuse.

Right?

_______________

I got through my shift and headed to the Mystic grill. I needed to work my shift until close... Which is midnight. Ugh.

"I clocked in and got the other apron. I was the bus-girl. Yay. I had to lift heavy freaking dishes and take them to the kitchen.

"Hey Matt.. What's up?"

"Oh ya' know.. Working."

I chuckled, "Me too starting now."

We walked around picking up stray dishes and started small talk. He was really the only nice one in their group.

"Hey Em?" I heard Matt call.

"Huh?"

"Are you OK? I heard what Elena did..." He paused, "she is outta control."

"I'm OK Matt. Just exhausted. And Elena can.. Never mind." I tried not to be rude.

"You can say it. She's turned off her humanity."

"Wait? MATT YOU KNOW?!" I whisper-yelled.

"Yeah. I've been attacked a couple of times and I heard who killed your parents."

My mouth dropped.

"Oh. Sorry. I kinda sorta say things I shouldn't." He apologized. He started to blush and run his neck.

"It's ok. I saw Damon kill them. But, how are you?"

"I'm stressed, still living alone in the house."

I saw the door open, the unexpected walked in. What the hell?!