Chapter 2 :)

Here's chapter two! Hope you love it. Thanks to those who voted for chapter 1...I totally love you :D Please keep voting and commenting x

CHAPTER 2

MAXINE’S POV

‘The Lord knew what he was doing when he took His time making that man.’

‘Oh He definitely did.’

This was the conversation I walked into when I arrived at work the next morning. I guess the hype still hadn’t died down from our first glimpse at our new boss.

‘Max, tell us what you think of John.’ Louise smiled at me.

I noticed that she had tried a little harder today and was looking extra pretty; not that she even needed to. The woman was beautiful enough already.

‘He’s okay. But I can tell by the way you’re looking today that you think he is so much more.’ I smiled at Louise.

Louise scoffed at me while I sat my bag on the spare seat and placed a mug under the new coffee machine and pressed cappuccino.

‘You are off your head. How can a guy that hot be only ‘ok’ to you? Are you made of steel Maxine Rivers?’ she questioned, one hand on her hip.

‘No, but you know my rule.’ I said as I relaxed against the table top.

‘Who doesn’t?’ they all laughed in accordance.

‘What rule might that be?’ a deep voice questioned.

Immediately there was silence in the room as we all turned around to face our boss; Jonathan Grays.

‘Ladies?’ he asked looking slightly confused at our dumbfounded faces.

I don’t know about the other girls, but my main reason for being silenced was because only my friends and family knew about my rule. I didn’t want my boss knowing!

‘We are just talking about Maxine’s ‘separate business from pleasure’ rule.’ Kerry smiled.

I mentally spanked her and wondered if I should test the theory of telepathy right now by telling her she was so dead later on.

‘Oh I see. I have that same rule as well.’

I cringed again as I imagined that all three girls in the room were more than likely wishing that they could strangle yours truly as hard as possible without killing me.

‘You do? Why is that?’ I asked politely.

‘I just think it’s too dangerous and risky. It could mess up the vibe of everything if a work romance goes wrong. And then what are you going to do? Fire the person because she wasn’t good in bed or something?’

I laughed at that.

‘Some people would argue that sometimes the person is just worth that risk. You never know where you can find love.’ Louise smiled sweetly at him.

‘Well I hope to find mine somewhere other work thank you very much.’

I laughed again.

‘Anyway ladies, as much fun as it is talking to you, I have to return to work now. Have a nice day. Maxine, I would like to talk to you later on please.’ He commented before leaving the room looking at his watch.

‘I hate you!’ Louise snapped at me.

‘What? Why?’

‘You do? Well, why is that?’ she mimicked me, and in the process, doing a really bad impression of yours truly.