Chapter Eighteen!

Hola mis amigos hermosos (hello my beautiful friends)! I hope you're all amazing. I kind of had to rush this because I was so tired and I still have some work to do so I'm sorry if it isn't so great. Thanks for all the votes and comments on the previous chapter. Please continue to vote and comment. Thank youuu. Have a lovely day/night (wherever you are).

Adios!

P.S End of the date will be the next chapter.

PPS, any mistakes, please tell me.

CHAPTER 18

MAXINE’S POV

The ride to the restaurant had been comfortable. None of the awkward silence, that usually occurred when people didn’t know what to say, happened. We simply talked about how he got his car and why he liked it. I wasn’t actually a huge car person, but anyone would love the way it looked. According to him, it was his baby. One of the top priorities in his life. I laughed at that. Men and their cars. Unbelieveable.

‘Have I told you how amazing you look tonight?’ he asked as the waiter sat us down at a seat at the back of the restaurant.

I blushed slightly and nodded.

John had reserved a place for us at a posh Italian restaurant called The Italian Kitchen and to say it was off the hook would have been an understatement. The place was decorated with a beautiful chandelier in the middle of the room and nicely spread tables that were each littered with red roses were everywhere. It was clear that this restaurant was for dates. Intimate dates. I smiled to myself as I thought about that. John didn’t plan on being subtle at all.

I sat down and smiled as John sat down opposite me. I guess I would be smiling a lot for the rest of this date with the way things were going so far.

‘Here are your menus.’ The waiter said as he placed a set of menus on our table. ‘Once you decide what you are ready to eat, please simply raise your hand slightly and I will be over within a second.’

I smiled a thank you to him and opened the menu. Everything sounded so upscale. The only thing that I recognised there was Tagliatelle and pizza so I ordered some Tagliatelle as pizza sounded a little too casual. Plus, I hadn’t had Tagliatelle in quite some time; I wondered how well the restaurant would make it.

‘Have you decided already?’ john asked.

‘Yes. You?’

‘Yes. Would you like to have a starter first, or do you just want to have the main course straight away?’

I debated whether or not I should have a starter. I was still in the process of deciding when John said:

‘Actually, let’s have a starter. I want to spend as much time with you today as possible.’

I smiled inwardly and simply chose a chicken Caesar salad.

‘Are you always this corny?’ I asked when the waiter had taken down both our orders for the starter and for the main.

‘I guess you’ll have to stick around to find out won’t you?’ he questioned with a wagging of one eyebrow.

I laughed. I was right, John didn’t plan on being subtle at all.

‘So, tell me about you.’ John said once I finished laughing.

‘What would you like to know?’

‘Everything and anything.’

I smiled again.

‘Well my name is Maxine Rivers.’