Chapter Number Nine!

Hey Guys. I am sooo sorry this chapter is short. I know some of you hate it when I do this. But it can't be helped sometimes. I'm sorry. Forgive me. I hope you enjoy reading it though, even though it's short. And if you still love me and my story by the end of the chapter, please vote and comment. Love u all :)

HakunaMatata00 x

CHAPTER 9

MAXINE’S POV

I felt like an utter idiot. The perfect man; someone who I had been dreaming of since I was little girl, had approached me and actually put forward his feelings for me. And what did I do in return? I had knocked him back! Right back. Right back to the wall of my so enclosed life. John was intelligent, mind blowingly hot, driven, kind, funny and I had a feeling the list was much longer. He was everything a girl would want in a man. But for some reason, God had decided to put him in my workplace. The one place where everyone knew I would refuse to formulate a relationship. I sat down with a helpless thud unto my chair. I felt hopeless. I felt like I would die a lonely woman with twenty eight cats as company. That was what I would amount to. My father’s voice rung in my ears over and over again in a loud booming cycle repeating that I shouldn’t take the risk whilst my heart was melting at the thought of kissing John again. Oh that kiss! Any girl who had had John as their first kiss could never comprehend how lucky they were. Mine had been Hunter Jeeves. A ginger haired short boy who had jumped me and practically attacked my lips. For years I had been scared of having a boyfriend because of that memory. I would run away at the possibility of kissing another guy. Any interest a guy showed me was shunned by me until I played truth or dare at my friend’s 13th and Ricardo Gallio had kissed me. The kiss had been so sweet that I had crushed on Ricardo for two years. Although our kiss was short term, my feelings for him carried on for a very long time. I wonder what would have happened if John had been my first kiss. Would I have crushed on him for ten years?

I sighed, unlocked my computer and began work again.

A few hours later, there was some commotion outside my door and since it was disturbing me greatly from working, I decided to check out what it was.

Before me was a girl whose beauty put Jessica Alba to shame. She was tall and slim with curves that spoke of the fact that she was all woman. Her bum was pert and perfect and her chest was exposed just a tiny bit to tease the men she came in contact with. Her red office dress clung to her body and matched her full lips. I watched jealously as she flicked her long wavy hair over her shoulder and held John at the waist, at the same time maintaining to be in very close range to him.

‘What’s going on?’ I asked the guy who was standing next to me. I think his name was Jerry. I couldn’t remember.

‘I don’t know. But that woman just livened my day up entirely.’

‘Who is she?’ I asked curiously.

‘Someone close to our boss obviously. She gave him a right smacker when she saw him.’

I sucked in my breath violently and bit down on my tongue to stop myself from cursing the woman from head to toe.

There are some days when you can’t explain your actions. There are some instances when you don’t know what comes over you but you act out of character. There are some random days when your actions are unexplainable, unjustified and just aren’t you. What I did next exemplified all these things.

I walked back into my office, put some lip gloss on, wore my high heels, grabbed some files and strutted my way down to John’s office in hope that I could show this woman who was trying to take away John, that he liked me. That whenever I walked through the door, I was what he wanted. Not her and amazing body, but me. Simple old me.

I knocked on the door of his office, and upon granting entry, opened the door.

I entered the office looking down at the files pretending that I was reading them so that I wouldn’t have to look the woman or John in the eye.

‘Sorry to disturb you, I just want to-‘

At that point I looked up and sucked in my breath for the second time. The woman was even more startlingly beautiful up close. And it pained my eyes to see that she was playfully sitting on John’s lap and facing his computer as if she had the front seat in his life. I hadn’t prepared myself for something like this. I had expected her to be sitting on the chair opposite John or even standing next to him. But this. This was too far. I couldn’t take this.

‘Yes Maxine?’ John asked.

‘Never mind. I’ll ask later.’ I whispered and dashed out of the room.

It was right for me to be burnt like that. That’s what I got for shooting down an amazing guy and then thinking I still had a right to him. It’s good you got burnt Maxine. It’s very good.