Chapter 4...

I'm out of the top 1000 guys. Oh well. Hope you enjoy this chapter! It's kind of a filler though. Vote and comment please :) x

CHAPTER 4

MAXINE’S POV

‘Mr. Cardinal, I’m going to have to call you back so I can take a proper look at the things you’ve sent me.’

‘Ok. Now remember that everything I’ve sent you can not be seen by anyone else. Do you understand?’

‘I’m the lawyer here Mr. Cardinal so I’ll ask the ‘do you understand’ questions. Do you understand?’ I asked hitting him back right there.

There was laughter on the other hand.

‘I like you. You’re feisty.’

‘Like I said, I’ll call you back. Your documents are all password protected on my password protected computer which is inside my office that only I have access too because I have my own key. Satisfied sir?’

‘Yes. Thank you for your time Ms. Rivers.’

‘No problem. Goodbye.’

‘Bye.’

There was a low but loud growl at the bottom of tummy as I stomach screamed at me to throw some food down to it. I had woken up late this morning. Hadn’t even had time to straighten my hair so it was all curly this morning. Although I had tried to restrict in a messy bun, some tendrils had managed to escape as usual. So in my rush to leave the house on time, I had been forced to miss breakfast and simply have tea for breakfast.

I walked down to the kitchen where I knew my girls would be chatting. And as usual, I was right.

‘What’s up Max? We haven’t seen you around here in awhile.’

‘I’ve just been busy. But right now, I am super hungry. Who wants to go down to get some Chinese with me for lunch?’

All three girls sitting down screamed yes and we all rushed out of the building towards Noodle Palace. I ordered my extra hot noodles and waited with my girls, sipping our drinks until we were served.

‘So how’s life on the top floor?’ Louise asked.

‘It’s hectic. So much work but I like it. There’s always something to do or complete. I’ve used the phone so many times within these few days that I’m scared that my brain is frying up slightly.’ I frowned.

‘You’re not serious.’ Rosie smiled at me.

‘How’s our sexy new boss?’

Everyone instantly leaned in as soon as Louise asked the question. I sighed.

‘Louise you’re right. He’s sexier than some of those Calvin Klein models and has a great personality to go with it too.’ I sighed again.

Louise’s eyebrows nearly hit the ceiling. She knew it took a lot for me to actually admit that she was right about a guy that I had disagreed about her with previously.

‘Do you like him?’ she whispered.

‘Who wouldn’t? He’s gorgeous, hard working, flirty, serious yet fun and so different. Can you believe he helped me carry boxes from my old office up to my new one? He refused to leave them alone.’ I smiled gigantically at them.

Everyone looked back at me gobsmacked. Nobody could honestly say that any normal boss would do that for his employees.

‘Something’s going on. It’s either he likes you. Or he’s just seriously nice.’ Louise stated.

‘I really hope it’s the second one. Really really hope.’

Louise raised an eyebrow at me, signalling she would be calling me tonight because she knew I was hiding something huge from her. And that’s exactly what she did. At precisely nine in the evening when she knew that I would be watching glee (she hated it so she disturbed my time of watching it). If it wasn’t for the fact that I really needed someone to talk to right now, I would have ignored the call.

‘So spill.’ She instantly said as soon as I picked up the call.

‘He called me beautiful, and said I was attractive. And then on Monday, he almost kissed me. Well it looked that way to me, but maybe I read it wrong.’

‘I hate you.’ Second time in two weeks that Louise had said that. She was halfway to breaking her record.

‘You got the guy AGAIN!’ she shouted.

‘I didn’t know this would happen. And you know that my rule isn’t going to let me enjoy this relationship. It’s just going to go awry. You know it. I know it. I think John even knows it.’

‘John? You’re on first name basis now?’ Louise questioned.

‘Well, kinda, yeah.’ I stated nervously.

‘Wow. Look, just take this super slow. He has the same rule as you so obviously he’s being careful too. And plus, you’re his employee. If this goes bad, it could go really bad.’

I sighed at that. Louise was right. What was I even getting depressed about? All John had said was that he found me beautiful and attractive. That didn’t mean that he was ready to jump into a relationship. Just because we had almost kissed, didn’t mean that anything had to happen. I had to stop jumping to conclusions. John was my overly nice, overly hot and overly great boss whom I had nothing but a professional relationship with. It had to stay that way, I mentally repeatedly told myself.

Vote and comment ;)

Thank you xx