Chapter 15

The next day I woke up to the sound of dishes hitting tile floor then a moan. I shot out of bed and ran into the kitchen. What I saw shocked me. Ralph laying on the ground rubbing his head with dishes scattered all over the floor. Luckily none of them broken. I smelt something burning and saw smoking coming from a pan on the stove. I ran over to it and turned it off. I look down into the pan and saw what I believe was eggs at one point burnt to the pan.

"Raph? What were you doing?" I asked walking to him helping him up. He put his hand up denying my help.

"What do you think I was doing? I was cooking!" He said as he stood.

"I didn't take you as the cooking type. If you were hungry you could of woken me up. I would of made you something."

"I wasn't cooking for myself I was cooking for.." He stopped and his face went red. I gave him a confused look then it hit me.

"Where you cooking for... me?" His face got as red as his mask.

"Well..Yea... I mean you had a rough day yesterday so I thought I would cook you somethin to help." He said scratching the back of his head. I felt my face get a little warm.

"Thanks Raph. That means a lot." Why did my eyes just get hazy? Raphs eyes grew.

"Why are you crying?! If it's the mess I can clean it up! I'll get you a new pan I promise."

"Oh shut up you big idiot." I said as I wrapped my arms around him. It had been a crazy couple of days and having someone like him worry for me and try to help meant a lot to me. I felt him stiffen then, after a few seconds, relax and wrap his arms around me.

"Thank you Raphael." I thanked him again and I felt tears start to fall down my face. Oh why was I crying. It was just a little jester. Then I realized it was because the last person that cooked for me was my mom. Before my parents and I got into an argument and I moved out of the house. I really missed my parents but my pride wouldn't let me go back at the least talk to them. Raph must of heard me sniff because he leaned back and looked at me. He studied my face and sighed.

"There is something else. What's wrong?" I wiped tears away from my eyes.

"It's nothing you need to worry about."

"Hey. It's my job to keep you happy remember. So what's wrong?" I looked down.

"Honestly Raph it ok."

"No it isn't. If it was nothing you wouldn't be crying." He put a finger under my chin and made me look at him. For a hot head he was really caring. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine. Let's clean up first then we can talk about it." He nodded in agreement and we started to clean the first mess in my life that made me happy to see.