Chapter 19

Jazz's Pov

When Raph and Y/n left yesterday I was still working on Donnie. He had a lot more cuts and bruises then I thought. He sat down on one of the tables he nocked over a beaker. Before it could shatter he grabbed it. But his sudden movement made him yell in pain.

"Hey! Be carful!" I ran over and helped him straiten up."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to bump into it." He said through he's teeth.

"I'm not talking about the beaker. Your hurt! Don't move so fast." I scolded him. He just sighed and nodded slowly.

"Yes mam." He chuckled. I pulled out the bandages and the rubbing alcohol from the first aid box on the wall.

"Ok so this is going to hurt so just try not to hurt me."

"I think I can handle a little- OW!" He was cut short when I put the alcohol soaked cotton ball against his bleeding arm.

"Mmmhmmmm" I smiled trying to holed back a laugh.

"Vary funny." He mumbled.

"So Donnie I heard from my dad that your the smart one out of the four of you."

"I guess. I haven't really done anything to support that recently." He looked down to the floor and shook his head.

"Everybody makes mistakes. But yea. Hitting y/n wasn't smart." I said laughing a little.

"That chick has a temper."

"Yup. Figured that out pretty fast." It went quiet after that. Well except when Donny yelped every time I started to clean a new cut. Then Donny spoke.

"S-So tell me about yourself J-Jasmine." He stuttered. It was kind of cute.

"Hmm. Well for starters call me Jazz."

"Jazz?"

"Yea. That's what my friends call me. My dad is the only one that calls me Jasmine."

"Oh." Donny's face turned a little pink.

"S-So how long have you and y/n been friends?" He asked after clearing his throat.

"For a while. I was her first friend when she moved here."

"How did you guys meet?"

"Now that is a funny story." I thought about it and started to laugh.

"What?" Donny asked smiling.

"It's just... She has an act for rescuing me."

"Oh?" He looked with curiosity.

"Well you see before I met y/n I was in a....really bad relationship." I looked down at my shoes like they were the most interesting thing on the planet.

"....Abusive?" Donny asked in a whisper. I played with my fingers then took a deep breath.

"Yea...." I saw Donny shake his head.

"Anyways the day I met her I was in the park with my ex. I did something to make him upset. I don't even remember what it was. It was probably because I glanced at another guy or something. But before I new it I was on the ground holding my cheek." I saw Donny stiffen and tighten his grip on the table.

"Inexcusable!" He spat. I started to laugh again.

"What's so funny?" He asked confused.

"Well that's what y/n thought to. That's why she jumped from a tree and put him in a head lock."

"Pfft! What?!" Donny started to laugh.

"I'm not kidding. You should of seen it! She was on his back and had her arm wrapped around his throat. She didn't let go until she made him apologize to me. He was turning blue by the time he yelled it out." Donny was laughing so hard he was crying.

"What happened when she let go."

"He socked her in the eye." Donny stopped laughing.

"Yea. Y/n doesn't really think things through all the way. So she didn't think he would go after her after she let go. That is when we met zigzag. He came out of no where and started to beat the crap out of him for hitting two girls." But the time the cops showed up my ex had ran off."

"Wow. Sounds like you made friends with some crazy people."

"Yea. Y/n is crazy alright. When I helped her up off the ground I started to apologize for my ex's behavior and she just looked at me with a one eye open and the other turning purple and just laughed. When I asked her what was funny she just said "It's funny that you think you should be apologize for him. When you didn't do anything." She suddenly just stopped laughing and said "I like you. Let's be friends."

"Haha. Well it sounds like you picked a keeper. But I'm curious."

"What?"

"Why was she in a tree?" I opened my mouth to answer him but then I realized I didn't have one.

"I-I don't know. She never told me."