Chapter 16

When Raph and I finished cleaning the kitchen I pored him some hot chocolate and hot tea for me and we went in to the living room. We sat in silence for a bit enjoying our drinks. I was the first to break the silence.

"So I guess it all started when I discovered dancing. My mom signed me up for ballet. I know not my kind of thing. But actually I really enjoyed it. Having the music flow through you and out of your body turning them into moves. It's just amazing. I really took a liking when I discovered hip hop. My parents supported it at first. Well for a hobby at least. My mom would take me to practice and come to my shows. But when it came down to me choosing it as a career. For get it. "Only a few make it in dancing." My dad used to say. It honestly felt like He thought I couldn't do it. Like I wasn't good enough. That's when they stopped supporting me. Every time I brought up this new and exciting move I came up with they would ether ignore me or change the subject and talk about other carriers. I kept my anger in check. They weren't making me pay rent and I didn't have any bills to worry about. So I knew I needed to just dance when they weren't looking." I started to play with my hands as a tear started to form in my eyes.

"Then one day my parents caught me dancing with a group of people in the subway. They were ferrous. They didn't really watch me ether. As soon as they saw me with strange people in a dirty subway they just grabbed my wrist and jerked me away. It got worst when we got home. They gave me a choice. To stop dancing or to move out." I could here Raph let out a long sigh.

"At first I chose to stay with them. But that was so I could work enough hours so I could move out. When I finally had enough money I ran away. I didn't even tell my parents. I just left a note. I haven't talked to them since." Raph laid his hand on mine and I looked up to his sad smiling face.

"I'm sorry. Im sure you miss them." He said rubbing my hand.

"I miss the parents I had before they stop supporting my dream. I miss the mom that cooked my breakfast. I miss the dad that would scream "THATS MY GIRL!" At my shows. Those are the parents I miss so much." Tears started to fall down my face and I didn't try to stop them. I felt strong arms wrap around me and pull me close.

"It's ok little mutt. It's ok to cry. The storm will be over soon." Raph tightened his hug and I let the rivers go. I cried for the first time since I left home and now I couldn't stop. I cried into Raph's chest for good long while until I could no longer cry. I felt Raph lean forward a bit then come back to where he was. He handed me a hanky that he had grabed from the table. I thanked him then cleaned my face.

"You ok?" He asked looking down at me.

"Yea. Thank you Raph.... For listening to me."

"No prob. You can always talk to me." I felt my face warm up at those words and I couldn't help but smile. I haven't known this turtle long. We only just met a couple of days ago. But in those few short days Raph had become someone important to me. My heart began to race and I came to a conclusion. I was falling for the red masked hero.