Lose my Mind

Morning was dramatic. Leah was running around the house begging Mom to cancel the modelling assignment because Weston was at school. And I decided to be a rebel, how?

I wore the dullest piece of clothing I owned in a hope that Weston would not try to bother me and think twice before talking to me. I was scared of what he might do today, he might just challenge me in some other way and I might end up accepting it.

I wore denim shorts, white sleeveless tee and sneakers. I tied my hair in a ponytail and didn't even bother to put on my daily lipbalm and sun screen. I was being moody.

But it was sort of my lucky day. There was shooting in basketball court which I completely avoided. Being around him made me weird, jealous of girls, blushing and uneven heart beats. The hate was long gone now, replaced by a new feeling I couldn't put finger on. Brad was a guy friend to me but I never had this feeling around him.

Lunch passed in peace, sort off because in every direction I turned girls were talking about Weston and how hot he is, how cute he is and blah, blah, blah.

"Why are we sitting here?" Sam asked now that Leah was not here, it was only me , Sam and Brad at lunch.

Did I tell you Brad confessed to Sam? Yeah, so there is that ship sailing happily in the ocean.

"Because it is lunch." Brad answered with a frown.

Since Weston came to school boys were jealous and it totally made sense. I very well know what jealously was, crap, I was feeling it with every girl around Weston.

"No, I mean why are we not following the celebrity around?" Sam asked her eyes focused on me.

"Umm...because we are not stupid?" I answered confused at her laser look.

Sam is the soft one, she can't give laser look.

"And even though you like him, you are cool avoiding him?" She asked.

Brad laughed and I choked on my chocolate milkshake.

"What did you say?" I asked Sam sounding incredulous even to myself.

"You like him Lisa, I saw you when he came to help you with books, in the video shot where I was made to sit behind you and thank god no one else or they would have noticed the hand holding thing.

And like director said Weston looked happy and content." She said with a small smile.

Of course it made sense this way, all the jealously, all the malfunctioning organs--- I like Weston Hamilton.

Shit, I am a goner. I hated the guy, was not even a fan and now I like him!

"I don't like him." I tried the age old denial trick with my friends.

"But he did pay all the attention to you on game night and a lot of time passed since that happened." Brad spoke up like Sam wasn't enough.

"Guys! Don't form stories in your head. He doesn't even know I exist now that he is surrounded by girls in school. And he was just being nice because he is contract with my dad." And the lame excuse comes again.

"All the senior students please report to auditorium." The sudden announcement saved me.

I just realised Sam was really observant and she observed the thing even I couldn't put my finger on.

Elise Stuart, you have done a crime, you started liking the Casanova celebrity now. When did that started? He would laugh his ass off if he realised my feelings, but it was not deep. I was just starstruck and this phase will pass.