Chapter 1- Scream Like a Banshee

"One of the most bittersweet moments is when you realize how much you are going to miss a moment while you are still living it."

Chapter 1- Scream Like a Banshee

AUBREY'S POV

"Thank you so much!" I said to the receptionist whom I've come to know is called Gloria, flashing her a grateful smile.

"Anytime, sweetie! Your first class according to your timetable is in Room 21. It's just down the hall. In case you face any problems, you can always ask someone. Have a good day." She replied, ushering me in the desired direction.

Before going to class, I hit the restrooms. Those took me a while to find but before long, I was running down the hallways towards my class.

My day began with my brother screaming at me to wake up. I smiled, shaking my head, recounting my morning.

"Wake up, Aubrey! Wake up!"

I got out of bed with a start. "What is wrong with you? Stop screaming." I groaned, running my hand through my tangled hair. I gave a weary look to my twin who was pacing around, his arms waving about as he spoke, conveying his already evident excitement.

"I hope you remember today is the day Rey. The day you have been waiting for all your life, the day you have been ranting on and on about and boring us for days. The day that ..." Austin droned on dramatically.

What day is it again? I checked my phone.

Today is Monday, the 3rd of the month and Monday means.....

Oh my god.

How could I possibly forget? Today is my first day of senior year at Islesbury High. I have been waiting for it since days! I couldn't wait to hit the books. I removed my covers and got out of bed. I wonder how can someone be excited on a Monday morning for school? Shouldn't I be getting the Monday morning blues? Is this normal?

Oh well. Who cares?

After 10 minutes I finally succeeded in kicking a seemingly sugar high Austin out of my room.

I smiled at my brother, who was standing besides me, frowning at his schedule.

Austin Jake Parkinson is my twin. It was scary how the less two of us looked alike. We were both tall. We had the same light brown hair, however that's were the similarities end. Austin looks like, what you would call your typical boy next door but with a hint of cockiness and a buckets loads of mischieviousness inside him. He had electric blue eyes like our mom.

Unlike me, Austin loves to create trouble, is a major drama queen, has a mouth that could put a sailor to shame and was quite popular at our previous school.

Me? I have been in the background since the day I stepped in through the doors of elementary school.

He also has made it his aim in life to make my life a living hell and keeps playing pranks on me.

But stories of his pranks are for some other time.

Despite everything, I really love him and I know that he loves me too.

"Okay now listen up." I said, snapping my fingers to get his attention.

He looked up expectantly.

"Are you gonna be hanging out with me or your own group friends?"

"Hmm." He hummed. "I think I wanna have my own group of friends. No offence."