Chapter 9 - Now is the Time to Reveal Your Inner Superhero.

"You were more than a chapter in my story but I was merely a line in yours."

Chapter 9- Now is the Time to Reveal your inner Superhero.

"Urghhhh!!! This is impossible! Why are we doing this? This is nonsense!"

Guess who screamed? 

Not Chris, but me.

"Because we want to earn extra credit." Chris replied nonchalantly, for the 279th time. Yeah, I was counting. No. I am not crazy....umm well maybe just a little and that too because I am angry...Naah scratch that, I am infuriated!

If you are wondering what we are doing, then here's the answer: we are presently in the Home Ec. class break, trying, I repeat, trying  to come up with ideas for our project. It's been a day since the project has been given and we seem to be lacking behind by miles.

I already heard other partners whispering amongst each other about how many recipes they've found and what not. We on the other hand, being the great people that we are, are still clueless.

"See, I don't think I told you this earlier, because I didn't wanna boast, but now I think that you, Ms. Parkinson, are a damsel in distress who needs to be rescued by a handsome and extremely talented hero, aka me."announced Chris, winking at me.

"Oh yeah, you got a secret power which can help us conjure ideas for the desserts? Then please, now is the time to reveal your inner superhero."I said, sarcastically." Oh, and by the way, handsome and you just don't go together in one sentence."

The smirk dropped right of his face.

"Yeah I guess then you would prefer to use hot as an adjective for me... That's alright, I don't mind that either babydoll."
I rolled my eyes." Shut up Chris... What were you gonna tell me ?" I questioned

"Umm... So I don't know if you will believe me or no...infact I don't think anyone would, but I actually love to bake."

My eyes widened at that. Not to be stereotypical or judgemental or anything, but Chris really doesnt seem like a guy who loves to bake.

Hey wait!

Maybe he can come up with...."And might I add that people who have tasted my cooking, are very impressed with it.Unfortunately, I am good only at the practical stuff. The thinking part is not my cup of Starbucks Java Chip Frappucino." He slyly added.

Seriously? He just took proverbs to a whole new level of crazy just by saying that. He couldn't just say "tea" just like normal people. He loves to throw his swankiness in people's faces. Besides, who the hell knows how to bake but doesn't know WHAT to bake ?

"So, I think that if you do the difficult thing, that is, the thinking part, I will help you and teach the easier part, the cooking. Deal?"

Great. I get the difficult part AND also have to learn to cook.

"Fine. Its not like I have a choice." I grumbled. Chris smiled widely,"Fantastic. You have 2 days to think of the ideas for chocolate dessert....because we have our next class then....."I tuned out everything after that. I am supposed to think up dessert ideas in 2 days!!!! We have been trying since yesterday, and there had been two of us!! How the heck am I supposed to do that. Oh god, I think I will take Mary's help. Or I could Google it. Or...

"...... teach you to make them. So Wednesday at 4?" Chris asked.

"Huh? What did you just say?" I asked confusedly.

"Babydoll, I think you should pay more attention on what I said. I asked you to come by at my place at 4 on Wednesday, that is after school, so that we can make the desserts and I can teach you to make them. We can even discuss your ideas." Chris explained.

"Wednesday's fine. I will try my best." I grumbled.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Oh my god!! My head!!!" I moaned. My head was literally bursting. I just came home from school and immediately jumped into bed. Must be from the days hard work. I will just go and ask Mary for some aspirin.

I changed into my sick day clothes a.k.a my spongebob PJs and my Hello kitty shirt. Nice, no? I waddled downstairs and went to the kitchen to find Mary.

"Maarrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy! Help me, I am dying!!" I moaned and fell down on my knees.

"Whats the matter now?" She rolled her eyes. The traitor! Doesn't she care about me!!

"There is an atom bomb blast in my head. It might not appear so, but it most definitely feels like that." I grumbled.

A concerned look came over her elderly face and she came over and put her hand on my cheek, then my head and then my throat. A look of surprise came over her face which means it must not be good.

"Goodness Rey! You have a high temperature! And you do look a bit pale. I suggest you go up straight to bed, while I bring you some meds and food." She said, alarmed.

I trudged upstairs and followed Mary's advise. She came with some meds and gave me soup to drink. After drinking it, I lay down, pulled over my comforter and went to sleep. I woke up feeling no better, but with a slightly less painful headache.

I checked the time to find it to be 11 in he night. Wow. I must have really needed the rest. I watched Netflix for some time on my flat screen tv while munching on gummy bears and skittles. At 1:20 I decided to sleep.

----------------------------------

I woke up in the morning to find that it was 10 in the morning. I guess Mary guessed I wasn't feeling well today either and boy was she right.

I checked the thermometer to find my temperature a 101 degree Fahrenheit. My eyes widened. Why aernt the meds kicking in? I sighed and began thinking what I should do today. I first freshened up, had my bath and did my business and went downstairs for breakfast. Mary must have told my brothers about my condition. I had some bacon, eggs and coffee. A simple breakfast. On my way up I decided to wander around the house. Our mansion was 4 story one and the topmost floor had never been explored by me.

I went to the 4th floor. This floor had 4 rooms. 3 were guestrooms which I knew were there. One was the door to the attic.

I decided to explore the attic. I cautiously opened the door and went inside. Our attic was a huge one. It had a large window and had all sorts of stuff in it. Our old clothes, toys, old furniture, spare stuff. I spotted several boxes of my old things lying around. Suddenly, my eyes landed on this particular box. It was lying at the top of two others. The label on the box was caught my attention.

Vanessa P.

Mom?

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Hey guys! This the next chapter of our book. Please, please vote and comment. It encourages us to continue. Hope you are liking it.

Xoxo
Sky&Sav