Chapter 28 - Match the Candy and Drool Over the Virtual Sugar

"Having a bipolar disorder does not mean you are broken. It means you are brave and strong for battling your own mind every single day."

Chapter 28 - Match the Candy and Drool Over the Virtual Sugar

After about 18 excruciating minutes of silence, I decided that I couldn't stand it and decided to play candy crush on my phone.
Don't judge me. I love that game.

After sometime, the guy in the game said Sugar Crush and I got enough points to go to the next level!

"Yes!" I yelled out loud, fist pumping the air.

"What, now?" Val asked, annoyed.

"Nothing, I only completed level 845 of Candy Crush Saga!" I boasted.

"Whats the big deal about that now? Its just a stupid game that seemingly everyone is addicted to. Everyone except me. "

"Have you even ever played it?" I asked.

"No. Its a boring game where all you have to do, is match candy, while you drool over the virtual sugar.Whats the fun in that? I'd rather sit in my room and eat a bucket of candy." He replied, his eyes on the road.

"Oh my god no! Its one of the best games ever ! You have to try it at least."

"We'll see about that." He said, rolling his eyes.

As I began to play another game, in the middle of it my phone went dead. Oh man! Now I am the princess of the Land of Boredom!

After another 5 minutes of silence, I leaned over and switched on the radio. Immediately Heathens by Twenty One Pilots started blasting from the speakers. I began humming softly with the music.

You'll never know the psychopath sitting next to you

You'll never know the murderer sitting next to you

You'll think, "How'd I get here, sitting next to you?"

But after all I've said

Please don't forget

All my friends are heathens. Take it slow

Wait for them to ask you who you know

Please don't make any sudden moves

You don't know the half of the abuse

"Who would have thought that someone like you would listen to good music. Don't girls these days these days prefer pop or romantic slow songs?" He said removing his eyes from the road for the first time.

"Hey! I do like a good pop song once in a while, but Twenty One Pilots, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At the Disco are my favourite artists. Plus, not ALL girls are the same. You can't just generalise us, with some stereotypes." I huffed.

"You learn something new everyday." He said, with a hint of smile. I think he was going to say something else when...

Phut. Phut....Psshhhh . Suddenly, the car stopped moving.

"What...What the fuck ?"Val said, instantly taking off his seatbelt and getting out of the car.

I watched, worried, and then followed him.

I followed him to the front of the car and watched as he lifted the hood and proceeded to checked the engine.

However, as soon as he opened the hood, a bunch of steam came out.