Chapter 36- Chewbacca say whaaa?

"How many nights does it take to count the stars? That's the time it would take to fix my heart." - Infinity, One Direction

Chaptee 36 - Chewbacca say whaaa?
*media of Archer attached*

Val's PoV:
"Lower down the volume Leo, she's gone to sleep." I said, as I watched Aubrey slowly slip off into unconsciousness. She must've had a long week.

I took out my earphones and plugged them into my ears.
About 5 minutes later, I felt weight on my shoulders. I looked to see that she was slumped on me, already in a deep slumber.

At first, I was going to shrug her head off. Then, I looked at her peaceful face and nearly reached out to tuck a stray strand of her hair behind her ear.

Never Mind . She looks too tired. No need to disturb her.

I then looked out of the window again.

This girl is so....different. She does not fall at my feet like all the others, neither is she scared of me...like some of those geeks at school.

She is just....different.

She is a good different.

Then suddenly, I remembered what had happened last night.
My thoughts hard ended.

You can't get close to her, Reece. She is too pure and good. You will ruin her.

Plus she is too innocent for me. I am more into the badass, sexy and hot girls. She is seriously not my type. Moreover, she likes my best friend, and he likes her.

Stay away from her. She is turning you into a fucking softie, which you can not afford.

Why am I even thinking of such stuff. I don't feel for anyone, I just have casual flings.

I looked around the car, and saw that everyone except me and Chris, who was now driving, was sleeping. Leo was snoring away.

Chris looked at me from the rearview mirror and grinned. I smirked at him.

"So when are you finally gonna go grow the balls and ask her out, officially?" I asked, stressing on the word officially, with an unknown feeling in my heart.

He had tried to ask her out previously but had chickened out and ended up taking her out as "friends getting together".

"W-what? What the fuck are you talking about?" He chuckled nervously, refusing to meet my eyes.

Chris hadn't yet admitted his crush on Nerd to us.

"You know exactly how what I am talking about." I said, giving him a look.

"No. No I don't." He said, his voice more stable.

"You like Nerd. You tried asking her out. But chickened out at the last moment and took her "as friends"." I said, with air quotes and everything.

"What proof do you have?" He demanded, although he still looked nervous.

"Are you fucking kidding me? It's so obvious. The way you look at her. The way you treat her. The way you talk to her. You are all heart eyes when you look at her." I said, grimacing, but with an are-you-fucking-with-me-you-dumbass look on my face.

I don't like all that lovey dovey shit.

"Damn you and your observant nature bro." He said finally laughing.

"Fine, yes. I do really like her. I was hoping I could ask her out today." He said with a small smile.

"You better.." I said with a small forced grin.