Chapter 34- You Son of a Baboon!

"Any girl who finds a boy who calms her spirit, quiets her busy thoughts, and makes her heart rate skyrocket, will love him so fiercely that it will defy even her own logic and reasoning."

Chapter 34 - You Son of a Baboon!

"Will you go out with me?"

I froze at this. Like literally.

I think he saw my expression so he hastily backpedalled.

"I mean I want you to go out with me...as friends. I know it's to early to start anything and I would hate to pressurize you or jeopardize our friendship in any way." I might have imagined a flash of hurt crossing his eyes.

I stayed silent for a few moments. Wow. This is the first time somebody has ever asked me out, even if it's only as a friend, and I am acting as if he's asking me to lay my life down for him.

Well, SAY SOMETHING, you moron!

"Well, I really don't know. I find you really sweet Chris....."

"I know baby doll. Just as two friends, enjoying some time together ?" He asked, hope shining in his eyes.

"Well, that wouldn't hurt anyone. So, sure Chris." I said with a small smile and saw the tension ease itself out of his face.

"Great. Fantastic. So I will see you at 8:30?" He asked, excitement in his voice.

"Sure." I smiled back.
Were dates supposed to be this late? I don't know. Plus what would I wear?! What should I be prepared for? I'm so inexperienced in this field.

Soon, a bonfire was lit and people had begun dancing. My ankle's harsh pain had by then been reduced to a dull throb. I then shifted my crutches and went over to get a drink. I then decided that I would go and get ready at 7:45 or 8:00. That would be enough right?

I was hobbling over to a bench when I noticed a lonely figure, seated away from everybody else.
I went over and saw who it was.

It was Val.

What is he doing here all alone? I thought he loved parties.

I smirked.

Let's irritate him.

I quietly crept from behind and smacked the back of his head a little lightly, with the crutch.

Val immediately jumped up, dropped his cigarette and yelled.

I simultaneously collapsed laughing.

"Mwahahahaha ....your....face" I said, between my howls of laughter.

"Not so manly after all."

He flashed me an irritated look.

"What's your problem?"

"Just love irritating you." I said, still giggling.

"What do you want? Go away." He said, sternly.

"What are you doing?" Ignoring his question.

"What's it to you?" He asked, rudely.

"Looking at the view?" I asked, ignoring him again.

"Yes." He said, sighing, finally understanding that he couldn't win this.

Now that the sun has set, the sky was a beautiful blend of blues and violets and pinks.

"I have always loved sunsets. They are better than sunrises. Even though the view is almost the same." I said.

"Why is that?" He asked with feigned boredom, but with a genuine hint of curiosity.

"Without the sunset, you wouldn't be able to see the beauty of the night, nor allure of the sunrise." I said simply. "That's what I think.