Chapter 18 - I am as Bad at Dancing as Beyonce is at Not Being Awesome

"One day Life asked Death,"Why does everyone love me and hate you?"

Death responded,"Because you are the beautiful lie and I am the painful truth."

Chapter 18 - I am as Bad at Dancing as Beyonce is at Not Being Awesome

Wow...so this is what a high school party looks like ?!

The atmosphere was full of excitement. I think we came at the perfect time, the party was in full swing and I could make out the party had started in the living room, but now people were scattered everywhere. Either they were drinking, or offering people drinks or refilling their own. The party was a mix of people either dancing, or drinking, or making out, or playing Truth and Dare, mostly all 4.

I took a deep breath trying to take in everything that I saw all at once.

" Well...so ?? " Kiara gave me a hopeful look, trying to ask me how I found it.

" It is amazing !" I shouted over the music.

" Yay yay. Now let's go and hit the dance floor !!" Shouted Astrid.

"You guys go ahead, I'll just be there !" I said.

"You sure ? I can wait for you." Said Celeste !

"No No. Don't worry ! Go along and have fun. I'll just be there !" I said with a reassuring smile.

The girls left after telling me that they would either be at the bar or on the dance floor.

I took out my phone and texted Nathan. Nathan is my best friend who lives in London. He left 7 years ago because his dad had transfered.
I still remember the day clearly. I lived in LA then.

+++7 years ago +++

"Nate! Nate! Let's go out and play hide and seek with the others!" My 10 year old self yelled.

I ran out to the blond 11 year old boy, standing on the doorway.

I went and hugged the cute guy, who had been my best friend since our very first day in kindergarten. Our parents were also good friends.

"Nate! Nathan! Why aren't you saying anything?" I yelled shaking his shoulders.

He still stayed quite.

"What's the matter Nate?" I whispered, taking his hand in mine.

"We can't play Rey." He whispered.

"Oh that's okay! We can play tomorrow!" I said brightly.

"No Rey. We can't play from now onwards. Not ever. Not for a long time at least." He said more loudly.

"Why?" I whispered sadly.

"Because I am going away. To London. For a long a time." He said with a sigh, not willing to meet my eyes.

"What? When? How? I don't understand." I shouted.

"I have to go Rey. I promise we will talk everyday." He said with tears in his eyes.

"No! You can't go! It's my birthday tomorrow! You have celebrate with me! We are gonna have loads of fun together! You cant leave me alone ! I've never spent any birthday without you Nate ! You are my best friend.. Aren't you ?" I said, crying.

"But I have to catch a plane tomorrow morning. And right now we are packing up. Mom told me go and say goodbye to you."

I was bawling now.