Chapter 37- People Were Out Finding Dory?

"She was like the 28th of February
And he was like the 29th,
They were close as a day, and yet, years apart."

Chapter 37 - People Were Out Finding Dory?
*media of Aubrey attached*

"Nope. That's mine. Don't even look at it Val." I said, when I saw him eyeing the last slice of pizza.

"Sorry nerd. It's happening." He said as he picked it up.

"Hey! Give it back, you pig!" I reached out my arm to snatch it back.

"Well, The last time I checked, I am still your master. So I order you to give that pizza slice, now." He smirked evilly.

"No way, you don't mess with my food." But before I could bite into it, him and his quick reflexes took my precious food for themselves.

And before I could stop him, there was nothing left. Argh. Why can't my reflexes be as quick and graceful? I am like a stumbling donkey compared to him.

He grinned smugly at me.

"Okay, so your punishment for defying me and trying to get the pizza slice is playing a game with me. It's a kind punishment, since I got the slice in the end, but a punishment is required, because you had the audacity to take your masters' food." He said with a chuckle.

Wow. I never noticed the tiny Italian accent in his speech.

"I want to get to know you." He said, simply, looking me dead in the eyes.

"W-what?" I stammered, thrown off by his steady beautiful grey eyes. They never fail to mesmerise me.

"Its like 21 questions. Except, its just me who asks the questions. You say the answers truthfully and cannot deny me any." He said.

Hmm. You wanna play? Game on.

"How about I answer truthfully, and ask you questions in return?" I proposed.

He stated at me, his gaze unwavering. After a minute, he replied,

"Fine. But we each get 3 passes only." He said.

"Deal." I replied confidently.

"I start. Why did you shift here?" He said, without missing a beat.

"Dad's work. We decided to shift here a year ago but took a lot of time, to make arrangements for everything. So by the time everything was fixed, it was the middle of the school year. So it was decided that we would shift before the starting of the next one." I answered.

"My turn. Why do people call you Reece and not Valentino? Answer truthfully."

He tended up at my question. But then relaxed slightly and answered,"Its because I don't like it."

"Why?" I pressed.

"I don't have a reason for liking it." He said not meeting my eyes.
"You have exhausted two questions so now I get to ask two." He said smugly, changing the topic.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

Why does Val not like his name? Is it something related to his family? Or something even more then that.

"What is your full name?" Val questioned.

"Aubrey Anne Parkinson." I replied.

"Well, what is your favourite colour?"

I was surprised at the simplicity of the question. I thought he was going to ask something more deeper and unveil my secrets.

"Red, blue and white. What about yours?"