Chapter 5

"Alright Mary so you can watch some TV while I prepare breakfast for your daddy ok? I will call you when it's ready" you said, setting her down and ruffling slightly her hair before turning to the fridge and taking all the things you needed out of it.

"(Y/n)" Mary's soft voice made you turn your head so that you could glance at her.

"You still here" you noted raising an eyebrow "What is it bug?" you asked turning back to look at the frying pan, taking two eggs in your hands.

"Do you... like daddy?" it was a simple question and surely shouldn't have made your eyes widen, especially with Mary being the one to ask you.

"Where-" you swallowed thickly "Where did that come from sweetie?"

She looked down at her hand and shrugged her small shoulders before looking up at you again "I don't know. You were sleeping together" she only said.

You let out a small and sad sigh and walked towards her, kneeling in her level "Yes, sweetie. But as your daddy said he just did not want to wake me up that's all. Besides... your daddy and I are just friends."

Mary nodded her head, seemingly understanding what you were telling to her, but you could see how she was thinkingsomething else as well "But... you want to be more than friends right? I mean, wouldn't it be great if you, daddy and I were a big family?" she smiled slightly up at you.

You bit your lip, feeling your heart tighten painfully in your chest. You let out a shaky sigh and spoke to her "It would be great Mary but we can't. Daddy and I are just friends, sweetie, nothing more. Now please..." your voice had dropped really low, hoarse with tears that had not been spilled yet "...go watch some TV while I prepare breakfast, ok? Oh and Mary... don't mention this again, not to your father at least. Alright?"

She nodded her head at your words, a small frown set on her face "Ok" she muttered, extending her hands towards you and hugging you for a few seconds "I'm sorry I made you sad mommy" she whispered and just for the sake of it you put a smile on your face, although you'd be lying if you said it was true.

You pulled away from her and looked at her with a big smile "No, sweetheart you didn't. Don't worry about it. Go watch TV now and I'll make some bacon as well" you told her, rubbing her back softly and winking at her in the end.

She smiled happily as well. She nodded her head and ran towards th living room.

You looked at the direction she left and with a sigh the smile immediately fluttered from your lips. You shook your head and running a hand through your hair you got up and went back to preparing Dean's breakfast.

You bit your lip as you prepared the eggs. You felt particularly down, especially after what Mary had told you, so glancing at the small Radio by the window you couldn't help as you extended one hand and turned it on. Fortunately for you your favorite band was playing and a small smile graced your lips when you heard your favorite song on.

You turned the volume up higher so that it was impossible for you to hear anything else but the music. You smiled softly and let out a sigh, the weight on your shoulders seemingly lifting just slightly as you let yourself get lost in the song. You started moving slightly your hips and hummed the lyrics softly.

By the point you had finished Dean's eggs and started with yours you had started fully singing and slighty dancing. It was amazing how just one song could lift your spirits so easily and manage to make some of your worries fade away. A small, though true, smile was on your lips as you shook your hips. You got finished with the bacon and took hold of the pan. You turned the stove off and while still shaking your hips you were about to turn and put the bacon on Dean's plate- only to have your heart lip to your throat and a surprised squeak leave your lips.