Chapter 20

The night you went to sleep with a smile on your lips. Your cheeks were hurting but for the first time after what had happened with Dean you began to see a spark of light within this darkness. Sam was your spark of light.

The following morning the smile was still there but immediately fell when you realized you had work to do. Something that didn't stop you from daydreaming though. You had become the subject of the day among your coworkers but you didn't care. You really could not think about anything else but Sam's and yours date night.

A night which, even if it felt like an eternity, had finally arrived. You had never left your job faster and you had never arrived home faster than that at home. You glanced at Dean's house out of a habit and much to your surprise you didn't find Mary on the porch, playing with her dolls while waiting for you to arrive.

'Of course' you thought bitterly to yourself. Of course she wasn't there because Dean had forbid you, and her as it seemed, to have any sort of contact. You wouldn't be surprised if he had her locked inside as well.

Your heart ached at the thought of her wanting to see you, crying even, and Dean firmly denying it every time. This wasn't the Dean you knew and loved but lately he had become a man you couldn't recognize, for reasons unknown to you. Or irrational at least because you couldn't even comprehend all of this had happened because you had revealed he had a kid in front of that woman.

You shook your head to dismiss the thoughts. If that was how he wanted it to be then so be it. You only hoped he was going to realize he was doing a big mistake. But above that, you only wished Mary wasn't sad. You didn't want her to suffer in any way and you knew her poor heart wouldn't take this. As much as it hurt you, you hoped she'd forget you easily and with that the pain that your absence brought.

Clearing your mind and trying your best to put on a smile you rushed to your house to get ready. Sam was going to bethere in two hours which was just enough for you, if you were fast.

You had a quick shower just to get the sweat off and quickly hopped off the bathtub to dry your hair. You stood in front of your closet trying to decide on what you were going to wear but nothing seemed good enough. You never were one toover think these but Sam just made you act like you were a teen girl again about to have a date with the school's most popular guy.

Needless to say you changed many dresses before you finally chose one. And it was about time because you had less than half an hour to finish your make up. You decided to do your hair simple, lose and in soft waves. Your make up was simple as well. Just some foundation, a nude to soft pink lipstick and a coral colored eye shadow mixed with a little pink. It was a cute look and fit perfectly with your dress. A white short one with white lace on top of it and middle length sleeves out of only lace. You had a small brown belt wrapped around your waist to make it look cuter and flowy.

The moment you had set your brush down you heard the doorbell ring. Your eyes all-but-widened and you heart leapt to your throat. You had started to doubt everything all over again. Problem was that you had no time to change anything. With a groan you grabbed your brown bag and rushed downstairs to the door where Sam had been patiently waiting for long.

"Hi" a smile spread on his lips as soon as you opened the door and you would be lying if you said you didn't do the same.

Gosh did he look amazing in a suit. Though he wasn't wearing a tie, making it more casual.

"H-hey" you breathed out, your eyes roaming his face and body. You wanted to take in as much as possible.

"You look amazing" he breathed out with a smile that showed his dimples.

"T-thanks." you mumbled shyly, biting your lower lip "So do you."

He breathed out a chuckle "Thanks."