Chapter 32

~One hour earlier~

"Mary I'm so glad you're here!" you said, a grin spreading on your lips as the blonde woman gave you a bear hug.

"Are you kidding me? There is no way I was going to miss my granddaughter's birthday!" she chuckled and you let a small giggle.

"Please don't stand here, come in and feel free to make your way to the back. The party is already at full swing." you said, giving John a hug as well.

"Is that AC/DC I hear?" he asked with a frown and you shrugged.

"Don't look at me. The only thing I forgot about was music and decided to leave it up to Dean. But I don't think Mary minds that much and the kids seem to enjoy it so." you shrugged again and he chuckled.

"Well, she is Dean's daughter. I don't think she would mind." Mary laughed.

"Oh yeah just be glad I didn't let him get her a Led Zeppelin birthday cake." you said with a huff and she laughed more.

"He would literally be lost without you (Y/n)." John chuckled and you gave him a shrug.

"We both would be lost without her." a voice answered instead of you and an arm was wrapped around your waist as you felt a firm chest being pressed to your back, making you stiffen more than relax.

"Hey mom, hey dad." Sam added with a grin.

"Hey sweetie." Mary kissed his cheek and you found an excuse to get him off you for a second. It wasn't his fault though, it was all yours.

"Uh baby can you take this to the rest of the presents please?" you handed him the big pink wrapped box and he nodded his head.

"Sure thing." he kissed your forehead before he left you.

You turned to Mary and John "Come on, let me take you to the party. Bobby is already here, and so is Ellen."

"Jo and her husband?" Mary asked.

"On their way. They called just half an hour ago, they should be here any time now." you replied with a smile.

"That seems great- oh dear!" a bright smile spread on her lips as she took in the sight of kids running around.

"You organized all of this on your own (Y/n)?" John breathed out the question and you chuckled with a shrug.

"It was nothing. I mean Dean helped too... with the music I guess." you giggled and he laughed as well.

"Well, this is pretty damn good job girl." he nodded his head with a grin, his eyes roaming the backyard.

"I've gotten used to it I guess, although this is her first big party." you shrugged and he shook his head with a laugh.

"Well dear this certainly looks amazing!" Mary exclaimed and you smiled brightly.

"And that defintiely looks delicious!" John added as he eyed the buffet and you and Mary giggled.

"I cooked it all myself, so feel free to eat as much as you want. It's safe. Plus we've got plenty of refills." you patted his shoulder and he chuckled.

Mary gave you a small nod as John made his way towards the buffet, and Bobby there as well.

"You really shouldn't underestimate your work, (Y/n). This is great. Mary is so lucky to have a woman as you in her life. I would never want another one as a role model for her."

"Thank you Mary, you- you have no idea how much this means, coming from you." you breathed but she shook her head.

"I am merely saying the truth (Y/n). You've done so much for her, Dean has told me everything and even if he might not see it- you have done so much for him too. And now with Sam-" she paused smiling at you and you looked down shyly.