Chapter 13

A smile was on your lips even when the bright sun shone over our face. You scrunched up your nose in annoyance and let a small groan but of course the smile did not flutter. The feeling of bliss did not flutter. You slowly brought a hand over your face, rubbing your eyes groggily another groan leaving your lips. You slowly started opening them, and after blinking several times your blurry vision became more clear. And despite the light blinding you a little, you could now see crystal clear...

...The empty side of your bed.

You let out a small sigh as you snuggled even more with your blankets and the spare pillow, wishing it was Dean. But it was not and you knew it. Just like you knew it all was... a dream.

But for some odd reason it didn't bother you that much. It didn't bother you that after your sister's wedding Dean had not slammed you against the Impala and then later made love to you till the very early morning. It didn't bother you that all of those touches, all of those kisses, all of those whispered 'I love you's had not happened. Because the very first kiss had happened and it was all that mattered. Sure it was not entirely romantic, and you did not want to let your hopes get up but it still had happened.

You touched your lips, closing your eyes and trying to hold yourself from giggling like some schoolgirl. It had been just like you had imagined all this time and just like you had dreamt so many times. So yes, of course this dream was not a first one but it certainly was a first that you didn't feel that disappointed to wake up. Maybe it had to do with the fact that you had spent the weekend with Dean so close to you - onlyyou, no other woman there for him - that made everything different. It felt wonderful having him care so much about you, and only you.

But the best of all were those small moments of jealousy he went through. Yes jealousy and you could clearly see it, just like Hope did at some point. Other than his first meeting with Jeremy, when he saw him again at the wedding the possessive touches and snarky remarks at him could not be contained. You were really perplexed in the beginning but when Hope pointed it out to you you could certainly not believe it. But it was the truth.

After the dance - and kiss let's not forget - things were actually a little awkward between you. At least on your part. And Dean was certainly not helping with those looks and lingering touches. But of course other than that nothing had happened and after another slow dance and some more chatting with your relatives - you tried to ignore how your aunt Mildred kept looking at him, but at the same time you could not blame her - you both made your way back home so that you could get your luggages, change quickly, and then were back on the road so that he could get Mary from her grandparents and off to your places. At some point you knew you had fallen asleep, not long before you had reached home. As it seemed Dean was kind enough to carry you till your bed without waking you up in the meanwhile - you tried to ignore the weird beating of your heart as you thought of him carrying you bridal style in those strong arms.

'Acting like a schoolgirl! Snap out of it (Y/n)!'you scolded yourself in your mind.

With yet another shake of your head and a groan you swang the blankets off you and immediately sat up. You rubbed your head stretching afterwards. You swang your feet off the bed to the cold floor. You glanced at the clock on your nightstand and sighed again. It was 5:30 pm which meant you had slept many hours.

Brushing it off you got up from your bed and made your way to your bathroom for your usual morning - sort of - routine. All the while trying desperately to not think of the dream or how you felt. You only wished none of the sounds you made in the dream came out in reality while sleeping in the car because that would have been a hell of an awkward situation. But how could you have ever been able to help it? With those touches and kisses and the way he made you feel it would have certainly been impossible.