Chapter 31

You didn't want to face reality, not just yet. Being in Dean's arms even if it was for a few more hours, hell even minutes, you'd be willing to take it. However you couldn't have it your way and certainly this was the worst timing ever.

Your eyes snapped open as you heard the door creak open and slowly a figure come closer. Well, shit.

Your breath hitched on your throat, every minute that ticked by made you feel even more hazy due to the lack of oxygen. You fisted Dean's shirt in your palms without realizing it, you contemplated waking him up but you couldn't move at that specific moment. Until the door was fully opened and-

"Mama?" Mary's voice was heard in a whisper as she peeked at you.

You let out a shaky sigh, your eyes closing for a moment as you realized how paranoid you were being. Of course.

"Hey baby." you whispered smiling at her "Wait a second."

You tried to get free from Dean's grip, stopping for a second when you heard him grunt slightly. You carefully moved your pillow and as you started slipping from his arms you put it in your place and of course Dean once more tighten his hold on the thing. You let a soft chuckle, shaking your head and soon stopping. It felt so... weird. You never thought you'd say this but it felt so foreign, hell even pulling your lips in a smile let alone laugh. Because not only was your throat soar but your mouth and lips dry as well.

You stood there for a moment just looking at Dean before you shook your head and got up. Mary padded her way towards you and you did the same, both of you careful not to wake the sleeping man.

"Mommy, why is daddy sleeping with you?" she murmured, tilting her head to the side to look at him.

You let a small sigh "Long story, pumpkin." you ruffled her hair as you kneeled down to be in her level "We'll talk about this sometime, but until then promise me no talking about it, right?"

She gave you a small nod, her lips pursed in a thin line "Mom?"

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Did you and daddy fight?" her eyebrows were in a frown and you could see her green eyes glistening just slightly.

You took in a small breath "No, baby, no we didn't. Daddy and I are fine now, I promise... Maybe more than ever before." you mumbled the last part mostly to yourself, your eyes casting down.

"And- and-" she stuttered as she fidgeted with her pyjama shirt "What about me?"

"What about you?" you tilted your head to the side.

"Are you mad at me? I'm sorry if I made you angry mommy." a pout was on her lips and you instantly felt guilty for shouting at her last night. You were an emotional mess to say the least and she just had the worst timing.

"No, baby, I'd never be angry with you. I was just a little upset and I couldn't control myself. I'm sorry about that, really." you gave her an apologetic smile and she shook her head.

"I forgive you mommy." she said, jumping in your arms and hugging you.

You let a small chuckle and kissed the side of her head "Hey, sweetie. Why don't you go change into your clothes, brush your teeth and then we can both cook breakfast together?"

"Alright mommy." she replied with a grin and chuckling you ruffled her hair and let her run out of the room.

You let a small sigh and got on your feet. You ran a hand through your hair before turning around, wanting to just sneak a glance at Dean once more. Only this time you weren't met with his sleeping figure.