Chapter 8

"(Y/n)?"

You felt your breath hitch on your throat as soon as you locked eyes with-

"Hey mom" you breathed out with a small smile. Not matter what, it felt great to see her again. You had missed her actually.

"Oh my God" she breathed out, clasping a hand over her mouth as you could see tears welling up in her eyes "Sweetheart!" she exclaimed and in just a second she had you enveloped in her arms.

You could not help but let a small giggle as she practically crashed you in her arms, hugging you like she had not seen you for years. It was not entirely a lie.

"Oh dear" she breathed out overly emotional as she pulled away "Look at you, look at how you have changed. Oh dear, you have lost weight. Why? Don't you eat well? (Y/n) I've told you so many times you should-" of course she started her usual rambling so you cut her off before she could continue.

"Mom!" you exclaimed, effectively stopping her "I'm fine, relax. And no I have not lost any weight. Don't worry I eat all my food. I know how to take care of myself" you could hardly keep yourself from rolling your eyes at her.

"Mhm" she hummed in agreement as she looked at you up and down- and that was exactly what you had not missed with her. The judging look on her face as she looked at you even when she said nothing.

"I can see that you are taking care of yourself... but no so much of your clothing. Darling-" she sighed oh-so-dissapprovingly "What is this? Hm?"

For a second you even looked down at yourself. It was nothing out of the usual. A pair of high-waisted faded blue jeans, an AC/DC shirt and a green flannel you had borrowed from Dean long ago, along with a pair of military boots. You were pretty satisfied with how you looked but you should have thought about it again considering you were not going to just another trip with Dean but actually visiting your parents. Your dad of course had no problem with that but your mother always judged your style and seeing you dressed in anything but a dress or at least jeans paired with high heels to make it look a little more girly was no exception for sure.

"Mom don't start again please" this time you visibly rolled your eyes at her.

"But sweetheart you-" she started but suddenly stop and it took you a little while to realize why that was it.

"Oh. Oh." she said "And who might this handsome man be?" a sly (you could definitely say) smile spread on her lips.

"Uh name is Dean Winchester, m'am. Nice to meet you" Dean said politely, extending one hand for her to shake.

"Why pleasure to meet you Dean" she smiled warmly "I'm taking it that you are not the taxi driver that was kind enough to carry her luggage till here, though, huh?" she asked and Dean chuckled slightly.

"No I-" he started but did not continue as he turned to look at you as if asking if he should say it or not.

"Uhm" you started speaking again, and even if you were tentative you took hold of his hand and straightened your back to look her straight in the eyes "Dean's my boyfriend mom." it felt so weird to say that whole sentence at once. But if you could admit, the good kind of weird that made you just a little happy on the inside. However you had to remind yourself that this was not really. Sadly.

"Oh. Oh!... Really?" the astonishment in her voice was hard to hide as she looked up and down at Dean.

You rolled your eyes "Yes mom" you said exasperated.

Great! She didn't even believe you were capable of having a boyfriend like Dean! Bloody thank you!

"Uh yes. (Y/n) told me about her sister's wedding and we thought it would be a great idea if I escorted her to this and maybe stayed here with her- that is if it is alright with you I mean?" he asked and you had to try very hard to hide how shocked you were at how much of a gentleman he sounded like. He really could be the ideal boyfriend if he wanted to.