Prologue

"Liliana please stop crying!" Jace begged his now 1 year old daughter.

Still she didn't stop. Now he had tried everything and I mean everything. He tried feeding her, changing her, burping her and playing with her. Nothing was working.

"Come on Lil calm down for daddy" Jace said in a baby voice trying to calm her down. For a second it actually. She stopped crying. Then the phone rang and it started all over again.

'Damn it!" He thought before picking up his phone.

"Hello?" Jace said slightly annoyed.

"Geez what's up with you?" His best friend Sean asked over the phone.

"Sorry Sean. It's just Liliana's been crying all morning and she won't stop! I've still got to get ready for filming but first Lili needs to calm down. Don't worry I'm gonna come drop her off at your house soon"

"About that. I know it's really annoying for you to always have to drop Liliana every morning so I actually thought of something else"

"Oh no... What did you do Sean?"

"Nothing bad Jace" Sean said with a light chuckle.

"What did you do?"

"I got you a nanny"

"A nanny? Dude you know I don't want a nanny for her"

"I know but Jace think about it. You're Butler can't take care of her because he's... Creepy. I won't always be there because I've got my career as well. The nanny will come to your house everyday and look after Liliana until you get back."

"What if this girl is just using Liliana to get closer to me..."

"Look man... You gotta move on from Isabela... Besides I know this girl really well. She's one of the nicest people I've met. "

"I don't know..." Jace said hesitantly.

"Please man. She's got some financial problems right now and she REALLY needs a job"

"Fine... What's her name?" Jace asked giving in.

"Riele Downs"

"What time will she get here?"

"Ummmm... Any minute now"

"Ok well I better start getting ready"

"Hey Giles!" Jace called his Butler.

"Yes sir?"

"If a girl knocks on the door tell her to wait in the living room." Jace instructed him.

"Will do sir" Giles said walking away.

Jace went into his room and started getting ready. Liliana's cries could still be heard from Jace's room. He sighed to himself when the cries just stopped. Instead they were replaced with giggles. A curious Jace quickly got dressed and went downstairs to see a complete stranger playing with his daughter and making her laugh. Once she noticed Jace was watching her she instantly popped up from the floor.

"Hi! I'm Riele! Nice to meet you Mr Norman! You have an adorable daughter by the way!" She beamed with a warm smile as she stuck out her hand. It pleased Jace that she complimented his daughter and not him. He hated it when people would kiss up to him.

'She's kinda pretty... Wait what?' Jace thought. He quickly pushed that thought away though. He didn't want to fall in love ever again.

"Nice to meet you Riele! Oh and you can call me Jace if you want. I'm not a business man" He joked making Riele giggle.

'Cute giggle... OH MY GOD! STOP JACE!'

"Ok... Jace"

"So I really need to go to work. This is a trial day. If you do well and Liliana likes you then you got the job although it seems that she's already quite fond of you. If you need to know anything Giles will tell you. We'll discuss you getting the job in more detail when I get back"

"Got it!" Riele said with enthusiasm.

"Good. Bye sweetie" Jace said kneeling on the floor and kissing Liliana's head before dashing out the door.

After he left Riele looked at Liliana for a few seconds. She scooped the delicate baby into her arms. Lili giggled causing Riele to smile. She tickled her tummy making Lili squeal with delight.

"Looks like it's you and me for today. Let's have some fun!" Riele exclaimed happily.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First chapter finished!
What did you think???
I don't hate Isabela I think it just fits with the story.
Cover credits go to LovingYouChenry
Shohini😇💖