Arguments

Riele's POV
The next day I mustered up all my courage and went to work. Seeing Jace won't be easy but I just have to remember that he's my boss and nothing more.

The door was open which surprised me a little bit. I went upstairs to see Isabela struggle to calm Liliana down. She spotted me and instantly dashed over.

"Thank goodness you're here Riele!" She yelled practically throwing the sweet little baby into my arms.

"Have you tried feeding her?" I suggested.

"Feeding her? I thought she only drank milk" She said confused.

Really?!

"She's not a new born. She can eat stuff" I pointed out plainly.

"Oh... Well could you be a doll and feed her?" She asked me sounding rather worn out.

"Well it is my job" I giggled.

"Thank you!" She practically yelled as she ran to get changed.

I went downstairs and began to feed her when Jace came down. You can do this Riele.

"Morning Riele" He said nervously.

"Good morning Mr Norman" I formally greeted my boss.

"Come on Riele-" He started but was cut off by Isabela bursting into the room.

"I'm off to do interview!" She kissing Jace's cheek.

Pain. That's all I feel watching them together but I just have to get over it. My feelings don't matter. My feelings have never mattered.

"Give mommy a kiss Lili" She said in a baby voice. Liliana stared at her blankly and snuggled into me even more.

"Ok..." She said awkwardly leaving.

It was just me and Jace. I simply ignored him, or tried to at least. Soon Liliana started to yawn so I used her as an excuse to leave the room.

"If you'll excuse me sir, Liliana seems to still be quite tired. I'm going to take Liliana back to her crib" I said quickly leaving the room before he could answer.

I tucked Liliana in and kissed her forehead making her giggle. I smiled at how adorable she is. It's hard to believe Isabela left her. I turned around fearing the conversation I was going to have with Jace because he will probably make me talk to him.

"Mama!" I heard a delicate voice yell as I opened the door. I turned around stunned. I've heard her say lots of words but never 'Mama'.

"I'm not your mommy sweetie. Isabela is" I said sadly as I picked Liliana up.

She put a hand on my face and smiled. "Mama!"

I took her hand off my face and smiled.

"I'm sorry Lil but I'm not your mommy. Even though I want to be" I said tickling her. I put her back down. She still wouldn't sleep so I grabbed a guitar from the corner of the room and played Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.

I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone
Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La (La La)
La La (La La)
Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La (La La)

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh

I looked at Liliana who was now sound asleep. It was starting to get hot so I took off my jacket. That's when Jace popped his head through the door.

"Is she asleep?" I simply nodded.

"Good. Look Riele whether you like it or not, we have to talk" He said coming into the room.

"I have nothing to say to you" I said tearing up.

"I didn't say any of that-"

"Like I'm gonna believe you. If you didn't say it then who did?" I asked annoyed.

"Well... I don't know... But-" I cut him off again. I can't deal with him right now.

"Relax. At least I know exactly what I mean to you now. Our relationship is strictly professional and that's it. Besides I understand that Isabela is your first love and the mother child so it's understandable if you still love her. What happened between us was just... The heat of the moment... And it's not your fault that I-" I stopped myself there. I can't tell Jace that I fell for him. He'd just laugh at me.

"That you what?"

"Nothing. It's not important." I said quickly.

"Uh Riele... WHAT ARE THESE?!" He yelled grabbing my wrist. Shit! I completely forgot about my cuts but why does he care? He only acts like this when we're alone.

"Why do you even care?" I asked coldly.

"RIELE WHY DID YOU CUT YOURSELF?!?!" He screamed at me.

"BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE THE PAIN ANYMORE JACE! NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN MY LIFE I ALWAYS GET HURT! AND I'M TIRED! I'M TIRED OF ALWAYS GETTING MY HEART BROKEN! I JUST CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!" I screamed storming out of the room.

I went back downstairs and sat on the sofa. Thank god Liliana didn't wake up. I took a deep breath and ran my hands through my curls as I tried to calm myself down. Pretty soon after that Jace came and sat down but he instead of apologising he grabbed my hand and kissed it. Then he carefully turned my hand over and began to kiss my cuts gently. I wanted to stop him but it really felt right. He didn't stop at my last cut. He kissed up my arm until he eventually reached my neck. He picked me up by my waist and put me on his lap. He kissed the back of my neck and my breath hitched. Wait what am I doing?

I got off his lap leaving him slightly confused.

"You can't keep doing this Jace! You can't keep leading me on and staying with Isabela!" I yelled.

"Riele I'm not leading you on. I really want to be with you!"

"If that's the case then why hasn't Isabela left yet?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"It's complicated... But I do want to be with you"

I hesitated a little before answering.

"Even of you're telling the truth I can't forget what you said to that magazine. If you are being honest then the only other explanation is that...You're embarrassed by me"

Before he could say anything Isabela came back into the room. What's age doing back here?

"Turns out the interview is NEXT week" she said laughing.

I laughed awkwardly and just stood there.

"Well we can look after Liliana today so why don't you take the day off?" Isabela suggesting excitedly clapping her hands.

"Oh um... Thank you. That world be great" I smiled politely.

I quickly grabbed my coat and left... On the way home I couldn't help but think...

Why is my life a living hell?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filler chapter!
Liliana called Riele "Mama"!!!
What should happen next?
Shohini😇💖