Maeve

Jace's POV
It's been two weeks since I hired Riele and both me and Liliana have both gotten pretty attached to her. She's really bonded with Lilliana and she's my best friend. I wish I wasn't ALWAYS working but at the same time because of my work I get to see her every day. She even comes when I'm not working just in case I get a call and have to go. Today she's getting the day off though. Since it's the only day when I'm NOT working I thought I'd get together with a friend of mine called Maeve Tomalty.I was sitting on the couch and playing with Liliana when Riele burst in the room.

"Good morning!" Riele said smiling.

"Hey Riele"

"So what's the plan today Jace?"

"Well I got the day off so I figured I'd the spend the day with Liliana. Oh and my friend Maeve is coming over so we'll probably all go out to the park or something" I shrugged.

"Oh... Well I guess I'm not needed then..." She said sadly walking to the door. Is she upset?

"Hey wait!" I said running towards the door.

"No it's cool. You deserve a day with your daughter and you also need to see your other friends as well. Don't worry"

"You just seemed sad that's all..."

"I'm not. I guess I was just a little disappointed that I wasn't gonna see Liliana today that's all but it might be fun to have a day to myself." She said with a weak smile. I don't think she's ok.

"Are you sure? You could come with us" I offered. She smiled and shook her head.

"No thanks. In case you don't remember I'm just the nanny. I don't think I'll be able to fit in with your friends." She said. That one shocked me a little bit. I had no idea she thought stuff like that.

"Riele-"

"See ya" She said walking away... A part of me feels bad for her. I really thought she knew how much she meant to me... And Liliana... Mainly me...

Once she left Liliana started crying. I sighed as I picked her up and kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry sweetie. Riele will be back tomorrow"

Just as she calmed down someone knocked on the door. It's probably Maeve. I set Liliana on the floor and went to open the door. Maeve was standing there looking... Slutty if you ask me.

"Jace! Mwah! Mwah!" She tried to do that weird kissy thing that snobs do.I looked at her oddly.

"Um... Come on in" I said inviting her into the house.

"Oh hello Liliana!" She squealed and raced over to my daughter. Well at least she's not ALWAYS a fake.

"Hey Jace you know what helps babies sleep at night?"

"What? Liliana can be kind of restless"

"Beer"

What?!?!

"That's a joke right?" I said laughing even though she was probably serious.

"Yup totally" she said with an uneasy giggle.

"So who was that girl I saw come out of your house like 5 minutes ago?"

"Riele? Oh she's the girl that looks after Liliana"

"*sighs* You're so nice Jace" she said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Always trying to be friends with everyone even though you know it's not a good idea"

"Why isn't it a good idea?" I asked even more confused.

"Because Jace you're an actor. Actors hang out with important people not babysitters "

"What if she's important to me?"

"Jace she's a nobody. You are a somebody. The two of you don't mix"

"She's a somebody to me"

"That's nice Jace but you can't be seen with her. I mean it's bad enough she's a nobody but a BLACK nobody that's just-" Ok I've had it.

"Get out" I stated coldly.

"What?"

"I don't want you here. Leave"

"Look you can get as annoyed with me as you want but that doesn't make what I said a lie. It's the truth and nothing will change that "

"You know when I saw you I was excited to see my childhood friend Maeve. If you see her tell her to give me a call" I said pointing to the door. 

"Ugh!" She yelled strutting out of the room. 

I looked over to my daughter who was sitting on the floor and playing with her toys. She stopped and looked up at me for a second.

"I made a mistake inviting Maeve over today didn't I?" I asked even though she probably won't understand. She simply giggled and waved one of her toys in the air. I sighed again.

"I need to find Riele"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter done!

What should happen next???

Wrote this chapter on my dad's iPad😊

Shohini😇💕