Chapter 10

Passion makes idiots of the cleverest men, and makes the biggest idiots clever. – Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Zak woke up way to early the next day. Well too early for him. After he got back to the room he went to bed, not that it did much good because he tossed and turned for hours. But today was a new day, even though it was another gloomy day in Miami.

Getting out of bed he decided to do something he hadn't done in a few days, he was going to hit the gym. It was rather early so the fitness room was mostly empty except for a few people. Zak shoved his ear buds in his ears and turned his music up on his phone. For the next couple of hours he lifted weights and did some speed walking on the treadmill. He loved working out. It cleared his head and gave him a chance to focus on the problems at hand.

After a great workout he was sure of two things. He had to apologize to Ana, hell he would beg if he had too. Then he would start over. Actually get to know her properly and she would get to know him. He knew people like her didn't come along often in your life, but when they did you had to seize the opportunity and keep them in your life. He just had to get her to talk to him first.

Feeling great after working out and knowing what he had to do he hurried back to his room to shower and to give Nick a call to see when he would be coming into town. He quickly showered. Once out of the bath, Zak heard his phone ringing in the other room. Hoping it might be Ana calling him; he quickly wrapped a towel around his waist and hurried to his phone. But it wasn't Ana, it was Mark.

-"Hey Mark." Zak answered.

-"Zak, you're up early. I wasn't sure I should call, but this was too important to wait." Mark sounded out of breath.

-"Why don't I like where this is going?"

-"One gossip site wrote an article on you. It's all over the internet, and a morning show is talking about it!"

-"Wait, what?" Zak looked up at his reflection in the mirror he was standing in front of. He watched his skin tone slowly turn sheet white.

-"The article was written by TMZ but Good Morning America had a small blurb about it in their pop news."

-"Holy fuck ..." Zak ran his hand through his hair.

-"My phone has been ringing nonstop with reporters asking me to confirm it. I am sending you an email now; it has the link to the article and a link to the show you missed this morning."

Zak was already powering up his laptop.

-"What should I tell them, Zak?" Mark asked quietly.

-"Ana knows ... she knows we are married ... But keep putting it off if you can." Zak hated publicity like this. He wasn't a big movie star or anything like that. He could still go to the store without being hassled by paparazzi's and he liked it that way. He worked very hard at keeping his private life ... private.

-"I can try but you know keeping quiet isn't always the best thing."

-"Yeah I know. Thanks Mark."

Zak hung up and found the email in his box that Mark had sent. He clicked on the website and when the site came up there was a large picture he remembered taking as a promotion picture for his show, underneath was the article.

Today all the women of the paranormal community mourn the loss of sexy stud man Zak Bagans. The ghost hunting bachelor was snatched off the market on Sunday evening by an unknown woman. The lucky lady named Anastasia Campbell is a Florida native. Not much more is known about the mystery woman, but we will share more when it becomes available. Zak was married at the "Little White Chapel" in Las Vegas. The newlywed couple then went to the posh Hampton Inn to celebrate their nuptials. We contacted Zak's agent and he would not confirm or deny anything.