Chapter 12

Chapter 12

True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Zak stomped out of the airport, towards the car, not bothering to wait for his friends or Ana. Today was not going well at all. He had gotten in an argument with Bridgette over the phone before Ana and Aaron showed up, and the argument was still going on through text messages. She had seen the article and was freaking out.

He couldn't understand why she was even acting this way. They had only been out a few times to dinner, the rest of the times they had met at his place for a few hours of sex. But she somehow was under the impression that he had made a commitment to her, which he never did. He didn't even know anything about her except that she wanted to be an actress and lived in California ... That is hardly a relationship.

But she was being unreasonable and she was yet another obstacle in the long list of bad things that was stacking up against him and Ana. Bridgette had sworn she would make his life a living hell ... He told her to get in the long line that seemed to just be getting longer and longer.

He had no idea how he was going to get them out of this one, especially since he learned from Ana that Justin had promised to make things difficult for them as well. He was willing to bet that the picture and some of the information from that second article had come from him.

When he reached the car, his phone vibrated for the tenth time since he had walked out of the airport. He angrily fished out the phone and turned it off. He leaned against the car and watched Ana slowly walk up with Aaron and Nick. He sighed and hung his head. He had been a little harsh when he left the terminal with those awful words that weren't really aimed at anyone.

Nick was already married, and quite happily, and he really had not meant it as being married to Ana was bad, he just hated all this damn media attention and drama that was now in his life. It was probably one reason why he worked with ghosts; they were at least straight forward. If they hated you, they made it clear they hated you. He couldn't stand his life being in a mess like this.

As everyone reached the car he tossed Aaron the keys.

-"You can drive." He said abruptly.

Aaron caught them and popped open the trunk for Nick, he then walked to the driver's side, Zak followed to sit behind Aaron. As he did so, Aaron gave Zak a little shove in the shoulder.

-"Dude, quit acting like a total ass. Ana doesn't deserve that shit from you." Aaron's head was bowed down and he talked in a low tone so Ana couldn't hear him.

Ana was on the other side of the car; she held Nick's backpack while he loaded his stuff in the trunk. He then walked to the front passenger side and opened the door and motioned to Ana to sit down in front.

-"Thanks." She gave him a shy smile, and Zak felt his blood boil. He was sitting in the back so he could sit next to Ana, and Nick had just ruined that.

Once Ana was in, Nick shut the door and was about to open the back door, but Zak stopped him.

-"Dude, what the fuck did you do that for, I'm sitting back here to sit next to her." He hissed.

-"Oh ... sorry, I didn't know." Nick shrugged.

-"Well switched seats with her!" Zak snapped.

Nick looked down at the front passenger.

-"She is already sitting, how do I do that?"

-"I don't know! Tell her you get car sick or something if you sit in the back." He growled getting more annoyed.