Chapter 23 - Drowning

A/N: Really Quick note! I wrote the end of this chapter to a song. (Actually I didn't know how to end it, until I heard this song.) So I made a small note *music*. When you see it you can listen to the song I wrote it too (Not necessary of course, just for ambiance!)

Look up "My My Love, By Joshua Radin.

Drowning

And when you left you kissed my lips
You told me you'd never ever forget these images.

I never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me - A Fine Frenzy

It had been three days since we had all arrived in Romania. Three days since I refused to even look or talk to Zak. I did my best to avoid both him and Keane, but then again it had not been very hard to do. Zak, Nick, Aaron and Billy had all been so busy since the day we got here with meetings for the upcoming investigations, and to make things even stranger, Keane was now part of their little group.

One of the big places the guys would be investigating was Vlad's old castle. The place was now a museum where you could get a tour. The castle was open to tourist but never to paranormal investigators, so this was a huge deal for the guys. But the owner of the castle had several concerns and was even talking about backing out. So Zak immediately sought the owner out and they had been working on details.

Actually today was my last day to myself, tomorrow the guys would start some local research and they wanted me to come along. Nick was acting as the messenger between Zak and I, and I really felt sorry for him. It was like we were back in elementary school, and telling someone to have them tell the person the message you had. I knew I was being immature about this, but I was so angry at Zak right now. Every time I thought I had calmed down, all it took to flare my temper back up was to think of Keane's smug smile as he walked into the airport and Zak defending his presences.

On the flight to Romania, Zak had tried to explain himself but I wouldn't listen to him. I might have been a little harsh and should have at least heard him out, but the truth was I was just so sick of everything; I didn't want to listen to people's excuses anymore.

I walked around my room with a sigh. I was so bored. This is not how I had imagined my first trip out of the country would be. The weather had been very dreary and I had not been able to do much looking around. Wet snow and rain was all that seemed to fall from the sky and I was having a hard time adjusting to the cold climate, so I found myself holed up in my room for most of the day.

Although my room was extremely charming. It was nothing like the hotel rooms in America. We were staying in a very old, long building. It used to be multiple small shops according to the owner in the early 1200's. When the current owner bought the building he made it into a large hotel. My room was on the highest floor, the third floor. Parts of the ceiling were slanted near the walls. It was quite a large room. I had a small love seat in the corner with the TV, and a tiny kitchenette area. I even had a fireplace, which was where most of my heat came from. It was a very cozy room and romantic room, to bad I wasn't in the romancing mood.

But today the sun was out and shinning and I decided it was a perfect day to go strolling through the small town we were in. It was a quaint little village that dated back to the eight century. The roads were all cobblestone and the architecture of the buildings was remarkable.

I dressed in jeans and a nice warm knitted turtle neck sweater. I also got out a warm jacket to wear. I probably didn't need it judging by how people were dressed outside but anything less than sixty-five degrees was too cold in my book. I set off on my journey to explore the small village.