Epilogue

Epilogue

"Sweetie, where is my winter jacket?"

I looked up at the second floor landing.

"In the back of the closet, right where you left it last time." I called back exasperated.

I waited for a moment, but the silence that greeted me told me that he had found it. I turned back to my laptop to finish writing what I had started.

"Do you know where my sweatshirt is?" He called.

"Which one?"

-"My black ripper one."

I groaned and looked down at little Zoe, who was happily playing on the ground with her large pink and black blocks.

-"Daddy is going to drive me nuts." I said to the small toddler.

She squealed in delight and clapped her hands together. I laughed at her silly antics as someone knocked on the door and came in seconds after. Keane walked in with Aaron in tow close behind him.

-"Hey, Ana!" Aaron called happily walking into the living room.

-"Good morning, Anastasia." Keane said.

-"Hey guys." I smiled at the two men.

-"Sweetie, I need my other boots, have you seen them?" Zak's voice carried down to us from the upstairs bedroom.

I groaned and Aaron laughed heartily.

-"I was going to ask if you guys were ready, but that answers my question."

-"You'd think he has never packed before!" I said exasperated. "I better go help him before he destroys our room." I stood up and glanced down at Zoe who seemed content where she was. "Would you two mind watching her for a minute?"

Aaron rushed to Zoe and scooped her up in his arms, but the small girl obviously was not thrilled about being taken away from her toys. Her lower lip started to tremble and a loud wail escaped from her.

-"Awww, come on little Zoe, don't you want to see your uncle Aaron?"

Aaron tried to hug Zoe a bit closer to his chest but she put her arms on his chest and pushed back. I frowned at Zoe and was about to come to Aaron's rescue when Keane quickly moved in and took Zoe from Aaron's arms. The infant immediately stopped crying and a big happy smile appeared on her face.

-"Seriously?" Aaron stared at Keane.

-"What can I tell you mate, I just have a way with women." Keane grinned cockily as Zoe grabbed his bowtie and started to tug on it.

Aaron playfully glared at Keane and stuck up his middle finger at him.

Satisfied that the situation was somewhat under control I hurried to the stairs to go help Zak. Before going up, I gave the guys a last glance and hoped they would all stay out of trouble.

Little Zoe was eight months old and Zak was getting ready for his first investigation since the baby had been born. I was going to come along, and it was also the first time that we were leaving Zoe for more than a couple of hours. Keane was going to be staying here to watch her, he had volunteered, actually.

But I wasn't really all that surprised. Since Keane's return he had become quite important to all of us. All the guys had really accepted him and he had just become a part of our small family. But more importantly, Zoe absolutely loved Keane. He just had a way with her. Whenever Zoe was extremely cranky and nothing would calm her down, Keane did. He just seemed to have a bond with her.