Hopefully i can get up three chapters tonight as long as my parents don't make me do chores. 

<3 Lexi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  8 hours later midnight...

I took a swift sip of my bottle of water, waiting for Pepper to finish eating. I sat on a bench that stood alone on a empty street. It bothered me that shadows moved about every 10 seconds, there was also sounds of glass breaking every so often and a scream came occasionally. I had even heard 6 gun shots already. I felt very uncomfortable here and wished we could have walked longer, but Pepper tends to become very stubborn when he is hungry so I had to either stop and feed him or listen to him wailing like a dying dolphin and having to drag his heavy butt.

 I sighed in relief when he finally finished and  quickly packed everything up. I clutched my suitcase tightly and Peppers leash with each of my hands. I began to speed walk hoping to see a motel or a restaurant soon somewhere public with people. I wouldn't be kidnapped in a public place right?? Hopefully not. What am I even talking about?? Getting kidnapped. As far as I knew I was not being followed, besides who would want me anyways.

 I heard shouting and saw lights flashing ahead. Oh my god. A motel! I began to walk faster feeling my calves burn. A car engine revved  from behind and my heart beat jolted. I saw a person up ahead walking and tried to get close to them, but they kept walking away, too fast for me. I picked up Pepper seeing I was almost dragging him. I felt tears fill my eyes as big black van approached. Either I was paranoid or it was slowing down. Not taking any chances I began to run ignoring the pain in my calves. Then the van sped up speeding past me as I approached the motel, where a few people stood outside of. I sighed in relief entering the lobby taking deep breaths to calm my heart beat. I saw a woman in her forty's, writing on a piece of paper looking like she hated her job. " excuse me can I get a room?? " I asked, and she looked up at me nodding handing me a key. 

" 20 bucks a night " she said and I nodded handing her a twenty. She took it gladly and I headed back outside to find my room. I walked slowly down the strip of doors until I found one that said 12. My hands trembled as I unlocked it constantly looking over my shoulder. I took a deep breath and entered the room. It was decent, not very clean and dead bugs on the floor, but other then that I would be fine. I set Pepper down on the wide window seal before putting a small bowl of water in front of him. I then headed for the bathroom which I really needed to use. I did my business and started a shower. I waited. And waited. And waited growing impatient. Finally, I gave up and turned it off after no hot water came out.

I sighed and headed towards the bed pulling back the covers. I laid a blanket across the sheets and laid on it before taking off my boots and pulling the covers over me getting comfortable. It was hard to fall asleep I was almost sure I was having one of those nights where you just couldn't fall asleep. But then I fell asleep, so never mind. Hopefully tomorrow I will find my brother, if i'm even going in the right direction. He used to be in a gang, so I guess i'll ask around, or like show a picture.  i'm just hoping I find him soon I've missed him so much. 

MORNING 

I groaned opening my eyes as the old alarm clock went off from the bed side table.I felt around trying to find the button, but to no avail. I got pissed and slapped it off the table, unplugging it from the wall and causing Pepper to jump like three feet in the air. I went over to him and pet his head calming him down. I glanced out the window and turned to go to he bathroom when I remembered what I just saw. I stopped dead in my tracks and went over to the window again pealing opened the blinds. I gasped seeing the black van from yesterday parked on the curb. I ran over to the bathroom since I couldn't hold it anymore, no matter how scared I was. I ran back over to the window when I was finished and pealed the blinds open again.

 There was four hooded boys leaning against it, one was smoking, one was looking off in the distance, while the remaining two were talking. I packed up my bag quickly ready to bolt for it when I had a chance. I slipped on my boots and held Pepper close. I sat at the window for about a hour before the boys piled into the van. I watched as they all disappeared in the back of the van, and opened the door making a run for it. I ran quickly down the street, glancing back every now and then. I sighed slowing to a walk out of breath, and far away from the van. The back door of the van opened and one of the hooded figures began to ran after me. I screamed as adrenaline pumped through me. I dropped my suitcase and focused on running. I ran as fast as I could, but he was gaining on me. I desperately looked around for a person seeing nobody around me. I yelped as two large hands wrapped around my waist and I was thrown into the back of the van hitting my head knocking me out cold. Great...