Chapter Eight - Finding Chloe

Dean's POV

Seth and I exit my car and run to the arena. I know Chloe will be here, and if she's not, I've lost all hope. Hope is the only thing that I'm holding onto, it's crazy. I'm not holding onto the love that I have for Chloe or the fear, but the hop. Hope is the only thing that is making me get out of bed every day and eat and get some exercise to stay in shape for wrestling. Right now, hope is my everything, just like Chloe will be me everything.

I stop behind Seth because he's trying to open the arena's door. "C'mon man!" I yell at him, helping him with the door.

Seth stops and kicks hard. "It's freaking locked!"

I shake my head and stare at the floor, trying to come up with ideas. How did Bray even get in here--that's if he is in here--when the door is locked? This man is crazier than me, and that's saying something.

I rake my crazy mind for ideas. I could try to throw Seth into the glass to see if it breaks? Maybe that's too dangerous of an idea. But, maybe using my fist wouldn't be!

"Seth, watch out!" I yell. He steps aside, looking at me with worried eyes. I reassure him with my eyes that everything is going to okay. I roll up my leather jacket sleeve and shape my hand into a fist.

"Dean, I'm not sure this is going to be such a bright idea," Seth says, panic in his voice.

I look at him like he's stupid. "Do I look smart to you?" After a moment of just staring at Seth, I look back at the glass door. I take a deep breath and take a step forward. "Think of Chloe," I whisper myself, trying to get more confident. With that, I punch the door three times before it breaks. I leave my arm in the door to see if there are any sirens that are going off. Nope.

I take my arm out of the hollow door and look down at it. "Shoot!" I hiss, picking shards of glass out of my flesh.

"Dude! Your whole hand is covered in blood!" Seth yells, running over to me.

"It'll be okay." I lock eyes with him as I dig a gauze roll out of my leather jacket's pocket.

Seth's eyebrows stitch together as he says, "Why do you have that in your pocket?"

I shrug my shoulders as I wrap my bleeding cuts in the soft fabric. "The real question is who doesn't?"

"No, Dean. Normal people don't carry gauze in their pockets." Seth raises an eyebrow.

I cut the gauze off with my teeth and tie it to my hand. I look up at Seth and smirk. "The thing is, Seth, I'm not a normal person, I'm Jon Moxley."

With that, I step through the door and walk down a random corridor. I hear Seth run up to me from behind. "Where do you think she's at?" He asks, standing next to me.

I face palm. "If I knew where she was at, I wouldn't be looking for her, Rollins."

"Right, right," he mumbles.

I roll my eyes and continue to look around the arena.

"Man, I wish we had a flashlight or something," Seth whines.

He is right, it is pretty dark in here. "Here, I can fix that problem," I say, digging into my other pocket and grabbing my flashlight. I hand it to Seth who looks amazed, yet hesitant.

"You know what, I'm not going to even ask."

"Yeah, I wouldn't. That would have been a long story anyways." I shake my head and chuckle a little.

"Wait, what?" Seth raises two eyebrows questionably at me.

"Ah, nothing. It was in the past, anyways." I wave my hand at him, dismissing his curiousness.

He turns on the flashlight and my eyes take a moment to adjust to the light and the darkness at the same time. As my eyes adjust, I notice some black paint on the wall. "Hey, Seth. Shine the light on the paint."

Seth follows orders and shines the light on one of the walls. I walk over to the wall to get a closer look. That's when my heart starts beating 100 miles per hour. The closer I look at it, the more it looks like blood. I swipe my fingers on the liquid and put my hand in the flashlight's light. I feel my eyes grow big as red liquid shines on my fingers. "Seth, that wasn't painted."

Seth's eyes also grow in diameter. "Is that....?"

"I don't know, Seth. Let's not think that way." I wipe the sticky liquid on my pants, wanting to get whoever's blood off my hand. "Let's carry on."

Seth and I continue to walk for another half hour until the light goes out. "Shoot!" I shout, grabbing the light from Seth's hand and banging it against the closest wall.

"Dean, calm down, it's just a light."

"I know, but that was our only chance of really finding where Chloe is," I explain to Seth.

The light drops from my hand and onto the floor making a loud metal against metal sound. It echoes throughout the hallway we're in. I lean my forehead against the wall and close my eyes. I sigh, trying not to let my emotions get the better of me.

After minutes of silence, Seth says he saw something more down the hallway. He and I race to get to the end, but all we come up with is a poster that fell. "Well, that sucks," Seth says.

"It sure does," I reply back, sitting on a chair against the wall.

I cross my eyebrows together as my phone begins to ring. I pull it out from the pocket inside my leather jacket. I look at its screen to see Chloe's trying to FaceTime me. "Seth, get over here now," I demand. Seth quickly walks over and I show him my phone.

"Well, aren't you going to answer it?"

-----------------------------------------------

Chloe's POV

Bray hands me my phone and I gladly take it away from his dirty hands. Roman, Renee, and Bray stand in a corner away from my phone's camera. They said that they didn't want to me in the shot when I FaceTimes Dean.

You might think that I'm excited to do this, to finally talk to Dean and hear his sweet voice, but I'm not. It's not like I get to tell him where I am because I don't know where I am. And I can't just tell him that Renee and Roman are part of this, Bray has a gun in his hands, and he told me he wasn't afraid to shoot, he's done it before. And the script that Roman made me, well it's not the happy, jolly script you might think it is.

I gulp and enter in my password to my fully charged phone. I unwrinkle the script and set it on the floor next to me at a nice angle where I can look at my phone as I read the paper. I go to the FaceTime app and click on Dean's name. I take these quickly passing rings to bare myself of what might happen next.

"Hello?" I hear Dean's voice ring in my ears.

I look down at the phone to see Dean's face filled with fear and worry. I sigh and glance at my script. I'm not sure why Roman wants me to call him this, but I guess I have to unless I want a bullet in my brain. "Hello, Moxley. It's finally nice to see you." I smile.

Dean's face falls, which I can't really believe. "Wait, what did you just call me?" He says after glancing at someone in the background.

"Jon, I know your secret that you've been keeping from me since I lost my memory. But don't worry, I don't forgive you. You should never do that to a woman, especially to a woman who has loved you since the beginning." I shake my head, just like the piece of paper tells me to.

"Chloe, you don't get it, I was only tryi-"

"Yes, Jon, I do understand. But the real reason why I called you was to inform you that when--if--you find me, I won't be alive." I let a single tear drop onto the camera lens before hanging up.