one

my head was in my hand as leaned on the counter, waiting for a customer. after a few more minutes a mother and daughter entered the undersized café.

"goodmorning, what could i get you?" i spoke politely, tapping the till getting it ready to take an order.

"one large coffee black and one hot chocolate." the mother spoke cheerfully.

"that would be five dollars and forty cents." i informed the women.

after she paid and recieved her receipt, the mother and her quiet daughter moved to the collection station, where jaydon would give them their order.

the day went slow, the rain made it worse. i soon finished my shift and walked home, in the rain.

i walked straight to the bathroom after i arrived home. i had held in my wee for ages, i hated to use public toilets.

"honey," my mother's voice echoed through my apartment.

i rolled my eyes taking my clothes off
to put on a robe. i really wished she'd stop checking up on me all the time. i regretted giving her a key.

"hi mom." i spoke in a monotone, walking towards her.

"freya, your hair is soaking! go dry before you get ill," she exclaimed.

"i was about to have a shower. why are you here again?" i huffed with attitude, running my fingers through my damp hair.

"jack."

"not again mom. we're not going to argue about him again!" i raised my voice.

"darling just speak to him. it's been eight weeks, that is a long time without an explanation." she stated a matter-of-factly.

i shrugged and bit my lip trying not to think about jack.

just on cue, my phone started to ring jack's caller id covering the screen. perfect timing.

"answer it," my mom shouted.

why are you even here, let alone shouting at me? i thought to myself.

my breathing hitched, it would be the first time i had spoken to jack after the breakup. i hesitated as the phone vibrated in my mother's hand. she was practically pushing it in my face. i grabbed it off her and quickly clicked the green button. i quickly inhaled.

"hello." i said quietly into my phone, looking at the floor.

"freya," jack's voice slurred.

oh god he was drunk.

"yes?" i tried to speak confidently but really i was concerned and worried for jack.

"i-i miss you baby," his voice stuttered still slurring.

i had already heard enough. before he could say anything else, i quickly hanged up and turned my phone off.

-
how was chapter one?
i know it was a flop but anyway thanks for reading! ily
28th of april, 2016
edited: 26th october, 2016