seventeen

unedited.

"thanks for telling me that you left the country, mom!" i complained. "but ive missed you loads."

"awh i missed you too hunny, your dad misses you."

"well i don't want to speak to him," i huffed throwing an empty pack of cheetos in the bin.

"anyway how's jack?" she finally asked.

"he's fine i guess," i spoke quickly wanting to avoid a conversation about him.  "tell me more about your trip!"

"i thought you and jack we're seeing each other again?" she asked.

i laughed "if jack and i are anything it's acquaintances by force." at least that's what im trying to tell myself.

"by force?" she questioned, confused.

"well mia is pregnant,"

"awh oh my god that's-"

"terrible i know." i finished.

"im sorry hunny," my mom apologised as if it was her fault.

"don't be!" i chuckled awkwardly as the door began to knocked. "I'll call you back later someone's knocking, bye mom love you."

"love you sweetie," she spoke before she hang up.

i skipped to answer it expecting it to be jack.

"h.....ey jaydon?"

"err hey, can i come in quick?"

i wasn't going to reject him so i gladly opened the door wider. "sure, come on in!"

he plodded in through the door and i gestured him to the couch but he stood still. "jaydo-"

"freya, stop."

i shot him a confused glare as he carried on speaking.

"i know what jack and mia done to you." he stated sadness laced in his voice. i unhesitatingly opened my mouth to speak but he continued to speak."he's not worth it! why are you going back?" he spoke his voice getting louder.

"jaydon..?" i began.

"he slept with your bestfriend! your bestfriend slept with him! and you forgave them both-"

"STOP!" i screamed tears threatening to fall from my eyes. "i know, i know." i wiped my eyes and sobbed."im a fucking doormat! i allow people to walk all over me."

jaydon stepped forward and cupped my cheek. i looked up at him and he wiped a tear from my eye.

"you don't have to put yourself back in this situation, freya," he murmured as he held my face."you're worth so much more. look at you, you're beautiful freya.

"but...but- i love him," i admitted for the first time. "and he doesn't love me back."

jaydon's body stiffened, slowly i pulled out of the hug and i followed his eyes.

-
double lessons are the worst
yikes can't wait to finish school!
-chloe'xoxo
8th august 2016