Prologue

(F/n) = First name

(S/n) = Surname

(e/c) = eye colour

(h/c) = hair colour

(m/n) = mothers name

This chapter is in third P.O.V, but the rest is in first person. Thank you for reading my fanfiction, and I hope you enjoy my story.
=================

The lunch rush settles down, the afternoon heat ushering away the shoppers as the shops restock, refolding shirts and refilling shelves. A gentle natter of passing customers disturbs the playlist on the store speakers. (F/n) stands before the automatic doors of the shop, her hair in a high ponytail and a white bandana pushing back stray hairs that refused to stay against her flushed head. She arranged the footballs in the ball cage, as a cool breeze coming through the door, cooling down her flushed skin. She bends down to renew the stock into the cage.

"Sat!" She raises her voice, looking over her shoulder at the back of the shop. "Get yo' ass down here!"

"No shouting when you're working, (F/n)!" Togami scolds. He pops his head around the trainer rack, his brown hair slicked back over his head, showing off the grey hairs that peek through his roots. He wore the store uniform, a pale blue polo-shirt; three white circles on the left breast showing the shops logo, the letters Z.B.S in the middle of each ring.

"Sorry, Togami." (F/n) mutters, pulling at the hem of her own worktop. She matches hers with a pair of white jeans, which she consider completely impractical otherwise, along with some Nike Airs. She gives them a quick look, noticing the dirt on the bottom. She gives a sigh, wondering when she last cleaned them. Seeming she got them on offer, she should at least treat them better. It's not often her mother buys branded products.

"I'm on break, (F/n)." Her brother springs out from the back behind the counter, the door swinging closed as he brushes his fringe back, only for it to flop back down again.

"Your break was 48 minutes ago," she smacks her lips together. Satoru gives a nervous chuckle, a What-Can-You-Do shrug, before disappearing again. (F/n) opens her mouth, a crease forming between her brow, but stops herself.

The sound of the automatic door going grabs her attention, spinning on her heel as she welcomes the potential customer with a smile. The person is a woman, short in stature, for what seems to be in her early 30's, with doe brown eyes looking around the shop. A little girl hides at her side, tiny fingers clutching around her mother's hand. She resembles her mother immensely, all but the colour of her hair. Two tiny pigtails, thick green hair bands holding the ginger frizzy mess in place. The woman begins to wander around, speaking with her daughter as they stare at all the items on display, going to the right side of the shop to look at protective gear. (F/n) makes a move, inhaling deeply to pump herself up.

"Welcome to Z.B.Sports. Do you need any help?" (F/n) asks, lacing her hand together before her.

"Oh, yes." The woman smiles politely, her eyes crinkling. "I'm looking for knee pads, for my son." The young girl shuffles behind her mother, her big brown eyes staring up at (F/n) in curiosity. She smiles down to her, and the little girl grins in return. (F/n) nods in understanding to the mother before turning to face the items on display, a real smile on her face this time. Making kids smile always makes her happy.

"Which sport might he be using them for?" (F/n) questions, leading the way towards the kneepads.

"He plays Volleyball." She answers. (F/n) hums in response, eyes staring intently at the products, eyes trailing across the shelves. She shuffles towards the products in the corner. "These are the products we have at the moment for boys." She points towards all the paddings. Knee pads, elbow pads, hand pads and supporting equipment. The lady looks at them in confusion.