Serve Ten

You sit next to Takeda on the bench, waiting for the second half to begin with owlish eyes.

"Hey, you. Hinata!" Tanaka says sternly as he approaches the bowing ginger with a glare. "You." Then Hinata gets on his knees.

"Yes." Hinata squeaks. Tanaka crosses his arms. 

"Are you thinking you have to play well, like the others? As if you have the experience?"

"If I don't, I'll get switched with another player." Hinata voice trembles. "I want to be in the match till the end." You smile sadly at him. 

He's so adorable.

"Hey. Don't underestimate us. We all know you're a lousy player." Tanaka yells and you choke back slightly at his bluntness, as does Hinata. "Daichi-San knows it, and yet he lets you play. As for getting switched for another player... Think about it when you get switched."

"Shouldn't you jump in?" Takeda asks Sugawara.

"Oh, yes. But I think it's alright." Sugawara informs him.

"Listen to me." Tanaka yells. "In volleyball, everyone on this side of the net is your ally. It doesn't matter if you're lousy. It doesn't matter if you're a nuisance. You can slow us down. That's okay. But to make up for those things... That's why you have your team and your Senpai's!" Tanaka grins, jeering his thumbs towards his chest. Hinata stares at him in awe. "Go on. Call me Tanaka-Senpai." The second-year persuades.

"Tanaka-Senpai." Hinata said in awe. You deadpan at them.

"He just wants to be called 'Senpai'." Sugawara said tonelessly.

"Was it really that obvious?" You question boredly.

"But Tanaka was really helpful just now. His speech was totally effective because he seems to have no ulterior motive." Daichi said. You hum in agreement as the whistl blows for the match to restart. Ennoshita starts off with a serve and the other team pass it back over the net and Tsukishima sends it to Kageyama. Hinata runs over to the empty space and Kageyma sends it to him. But Hinata misses the ball. You sweatdrop as you watch it bounce on the floor and roll away.

"Defiantly only a 4." You mutter. You watch as Kageyama calls on Hinata, making the ginger flinch only to have Kageyma apologise. You smirk to yourself as you see Kindaichi's shocked expression. Then you cast your gaze back to the duo to see Kageyama squishing Hinata's head.
The game continues on and you watch from beside Takeda with plain eyes, watching the ball be passed back and forth. The only thing that brought amusement to you was when the crowd got fired up over the freak duos quick. 

Whys everyone so surprised by it? It's a normal thing to do. Just like Hinata jump. If he didn't have some sort of weird trait that made up for his lack of diameter he wouldn't be on the court. Teams, as experienced as this, should know this by now.'

Karasuno hurdled together and cheered, putting their fists together.

"It's like team spirit!" Hinata squeals.

"Huh? Not like. It's a for real." Tanaka grins.

"Right, Right." Hinata pumps his fists in the air. 

Ah Sunshine, too pure for this world.

 The match continued on, again, with Hinata becoming the decoy as Seijoh became immersed in stopping him and forgot about the shaved head dude at the other side; earning Karasuno some more points for their rookie slip up.